Hitachi Vantara combines technology, intellectual property and industry knowledge to deliver data-managing solutions that help enterprises improve their customers' experiences, develop new revenue streams, and lower the costs of business. Hitachi Vantara elevates your innovation advantage by combining IT, operational technology (OT) and domain expertise. Come join our team and our employee-focused culture and help drive our customers' data to meaningful customer outcomes.Job purpose
The Network Engineer is a key role for infrastructure projects and maintenance. This role provides support for GDDC infrastructure and Operations Teams.
This role is responsible to liaise with internal and external parties to solve problems for infrastructure, provide technical advice to management and ensure the GDDC infrastructure is healthy.Responsibilities
• Administration and maintenance of Brocade
and Cisco Layer 3
• Administration and maintenance of load balancers, such as F5 BiG-IP
• Administration and maintenance of Cisco ASA firewalls
• Maintain systems security and compliance with ISO-27001
• Perform Network and monitoring applications implementation.
• Provide ongoing technical support, problem investigation and resolution for network and monitoring infrastructure on a 24x7 on-call basis.
• Responsible for vendor escalation.
• Identifies, analyzes, resolves system problems and work on Root Cause Analysis
• Develop/maintain system implementation documents, knowledge base, service reports and operational procedures.
• Assist with identification of implementation risks and with development of mitigation or avoidance plans.
• Acts as a subject-matter expert to multiple tasks and/or programs.
• Reviews completion and implementation of system additions and/or enhancements and makes recommendations to management and/or clients.
• Extensive knowledge of LAN
• Strong troubleshooting skills by providing L3 - L4 support for any network security related issues.
• Provide review of functional specifications and design documentation for effective deployment and operation of network services
• Work with the Firewall and Load Balancing team on troubleshooting connectivity issues
• Upgrade End of Life hardware devices and insure the asset management is up to date
• Prepare documentation supporting network requirements, connectivity, implementation and testing - Strong troubleshooting skills
• Ability to prioritize tasks in order of importance; direct efforts of others, work independently and as a team member; and establish and maintain effective working relationships with customers
• Strong written and spoken English language skills.ProfileTechnical Skill Set
Expertise in TCP/IP networking in a large, enterprise-scale environment.
Experience with Cisco and Brocade Layer 3 Ethernet switching.
Experience with clustering technologies for Cisco and Brocade switches.
Experience with Cisco ASA firewalls, including configuration and troubleshooting of site-to-site VPNs.
Ability to script and work at a command-line interface (CLI).
Experience with F5 load balancers and Access Policy Manager.
Familiarity with Hitachi Vantara products (enterprise storage, blade servers, and rack-mount servers).Desirable
Experience with Windows, VMware, and/or Linux systems administration.
Ability to perform and analyse packet captures to troubleshoot network issues.Competencies
• Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related discipline.
• 8-12 years' experience in systems operation and production support.
• Audit and compliance, such as PCI-DSS, ISO-27001, or ITIL Foundation.
• CCNP or CCNA certification is highly desirable.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, place of origin, ethnic origin, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information, mental or physical disability, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable national, state, or local law.