Hitachi Vantara combines technology, intellectual property and industry knowledge to deliver data-managing solutions that help enterprises improve their customers' experiences, develop new revenue streams, and lower the costs of business. Hitachi Vantara elevates your innovation advantage by combining IT, operational technology (OT) and domain expertise. Come join our team and our employee-focused culture and help drive our customers' data to meaningful customer outcomes.The Role
The Network Engineer is a key role for infrastructure projects and maintenance. This role provides support for GDDC infrastructure and Operations Teams.
This role is responsible to liaise with internal and external parties to solve problems for infrastructure, provide technical advice to management and ensure the GDDC infrastructure is healthy. Responsibilities
- Administration and maintenance of Brocade and Cisco Layer 3 Ethernet switches.
- Administration and maintenance of load balancers, such as F5 BiG-IP and nginx.
- Administration and maintenance of Cisco ASA firewalls.
- Maintain systems security and compliance with ISO-27001 and PCI-DSS.
- Perform Network and monitoring applications implementation.
- Provide ongoing technical support, problem investigation and resolution for network and monitoring infrastructure on a 24x7 on-call basis.
- Responsible for vendor escalation.
- Develop/maintain system implementation documents, knowledge base, service reports and operational procedures.
- Assist with identification of implementation risks and with development of mitigation or avoidance plans.
- Strong written and spoken English language skills.
- Expertise in TCP/IP networking in a large, enterprise-scale environment.
- Experience with Cisco and Brocade Layer 3 Ethernet switching.
- Experience with clustering technologies for Cisco and Brocade switches.
- Experience with Cisco ASA firewalls, including configuration and troubleshooting of site-to-site VPNs.
- Ability to script and work at a command-line interface (CLI).
- Experience with F5 load balancers and Access Policy Manager.
- Familiarity with Hitachi Vantara products (enterprise storage, blade servers, and rack-mount servers).
- Experience with Windows, VMware, and/or Linux systems administration.
- Ability to perform and analyze packet captures to troubleshoot network issues
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related discipline.
- 3-5 years' experience in systems operation and production support.
- Audit and compliance, such as PCI-DSS, ISO-27001, or ITIL Foundation
- CCNP or CCNA certification is highly desirable.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, place of origin, ethnic origin, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information, mental or physical disability, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable national, state, or local law.