Hitachi Vantara, a wholly owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., helps data-driven leaders use the value in their data to innovate intelligently and reach outcomes that matter for business and society - what we call a double bottom line. Only Hitachi Vantara combines 100+ years of experience in operational technology (OT) and 60+ years in IT to unlock the power of data from your business, your people and your machines. We help enterprises store, enrich, activate and monetize data for better customer experiences, new revenue streams and lower business costsRole Purpose
As Partner Account Manager you will represent Hitachi Vantara to range of different partners (VAD/VAR/RSI), and direct customers to manage the business relationship at all levels in order to develop and sustain the maximum level of profitable business achievable for Hitachi Vantara products and services.Key responsibilities
- Identifies key players within Partner organization and establishes appropriate connections using, where appropriate, Hitachi Vantara management.
- Develops relationships and serves as a liaison between Partner and Hitachi Vantara team members
- Collaborates with Partner to define sales strategy and develop a business plan
- Implements sales strategies to achieve financial results and responsible for all business generated at the end customer accounts with assigned partner
- Create and execute overall Partner enablement plan
- Educate Partners on Vantara solutions, capabilities, and tools
- Ensure Partners attend the right trainings and they have appropriate certifications to support Hitachi Vantara
- Assist with execution against spending targets and control all forecasting and pipeline management in regards of assigned partner business.
- Coordinate stakeholder communication across Hitachi Vantara and Partner
- Works alongside Partner to ensure Hitachi Vantara solutions are comprehensive, achieves end users' goals and provide an outstanding customer experience
Hitachi Vantara Internal:
Required Qualifications - Experience
- Achieve all allocated objectives associated with the Hitachi Vantara sales plan currently applicable.
- Identify, justify, and secure additional Hitachi Vantara resources required to support sales strategies.
- Comply with all published Hitachi Vantara policy guidelines.
- Co-ordinate the activities of all supporting Hitachi Vantara functions within the partners including CS-S and F-A.
- The Partner Account Manager is ultimately responsible for the relevant sales cycle within partner-led/ no-touch accounts from identification, qualification, sale, installation and subsequent protection and growth.
- Extensive knowledge of storage industry solution offerings; or analytics/content solutions from all key alliances targets and competitors
- Will possess proven, professional new and existing business account management skills including multi-level sales negotiation experience. This will include the ability to overcome obstacles in order to gain agreement and work both externally and internally to ensure agreements are reached which are satisfactory to all concerned.
- Will possess strong business acumen and negotiation skills with the ability to adopt a disciplined and commercially approach to achieving goals and objectives including the ability to create and maintain a business plan. Appropriate experience would include being fully conversant with key financial ratios, business indicators and financial trends.
- A strong and confident communicator and presenter (fluent in English and German) capable of developing excellent working relationships and who can sell him/herself within the company and to customers and prospects. First class verbal communications, report writing and presentation skills. Comfortable operating/presenting at senior management level.
- A self-motivated person who will be expected to work effectively without close supervision making prudent decisions without continual reference to his immediate manager. In addition, the candidate will also be expected to maintain good communication with his management and colleagues that no opportunities are lost.
- Ability to work collaboratively, across all functions - throughout the company; although personally successful will value the team and the advantages it brings.
- Has the ability to work within a support infrastructure, co-ordinating and motivating these resources as required.
- Possessing a personality which will respond positively to working within the structure of Hitachi Vantara and is genuinely enthusiastic to face the challenge, which Hitachi Vantara offers.
- Possess good business knowledge. A track record of sales achievement within the new business or account management environment. Appropriate candidates will possess good product and technical understanding.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.