Hitachi Vantara, a wholly owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., helps data-driven leaders use the value in their data to innovate intelligently and reach outcomes that matter for business and society - what we call a double bottom line. Only Hitachi Vantara combines 100+ years of experience in operational technology (OT) and 60+ years in IT to unlock the power of data from your business, your people and your machines. We help enterprises store, enrich, activate and monetize data for better customer experiences, new revenue streams and lower business costsThe Role
The Partner Manager is responsible for establishing business alliances and partnerships within key Partner accounts. As the local execution lead for parts of the southwest, the PM ensures the identification, retention, growth and customer satisfaction of strategic business, working in sync with the regional Account Manager's strategy. The PM works with internal departments on contracts, renews and upgrades existing agreements and conducts strategic analysis of market trends, competition, leveraging product teams to develop joint solutions and new opportunities.
The PM is accountable for achieving revenue and margin objectives within the account. They provide support with the Americas leadership and coordinate all operational aspects of the assigned Business Partner, that are part of the Hitachi Vantara partner ecosystem, which includes tactical and strategic planning, leadership relationship development and operational oversight with laser focus on driving revenue. Facilitation and coordination with other National and Global Leads, managing of programs and joint selling with other geo based teams responsible for the assigned SI partner(s) that continually seeks to improve its performance, and drive worldwide SI revenues. This role is specific to leading and managing the partner ecosystem for southern California. This position requires you to reside in southern California. Responsibilities
• Develop a next-generation regional business strategy which covers short, medium and long-term duration with 5-7 regional partners. The strategy will include: prioritizing strategic solutions for key industry business verticals, building a catalogue of solutions for partners to take to market, driving/managing field engagement with the partner teams, aligning top executives and managing an active pipeline necessary to exceed assigned quota.
• Establish medium and long-term business objectives including investment plans and company-level strategy shifts required to significantly grow the Partner and Hitachi Vantara's (HV) business.
• Passionately own and/or manage assignment of all primary Partner executive relationships as part of the broader strategic direction.
• Spend 80% of available time in the pursuit of opportunities by having daily contact with assigned accounts.
• Establish solid relationships at all levels within the assigned accounts and direct account related activities to ultimately achieve better account control than the competition. Provide quarterly QBR's with assigned executive sponsors from HV and the Partner executives.
• Lead the development of a strategic plan, in collaboration with the HV team, to advance the company-s mission and objectives and to promote revenue, profitability, and growth for the nominated partner.
• Coordinate with internal teams to develop unique/specific solution offerings that are repeatable with counterparts that will be accepted in the market place, that provide joint wins for HV and partner specified.
• Create and maintain a high priority pipeline and forecast. On a periodic and formal basis, reports financial results and business initiative progress to the sales and Partner leadership team.
• Evangelize and engage with HV Field Sales to educate on Partners Solution and how to work with said Partner. Responsible for integrity of proposals submitted including the overall structure of the deal and the pricing of the opportunity per price approval guidelines.
• Drive a plan to achieve assigned quota by defining necessary activities, key relationships and strategic solutions to exceed sales targets.Qualifications
- A minimum of seven years' experience to include directly managing a Partner relationship; OR working for a National Partner in a client facing consulting role OR in an industry-based consulting role e.g. Healthcare Life Sciences, Communications Media and entertainment sector, Financial Services etc.
- Proven track record of sales success, achieving quotas, thinking big and growing revenue streams.
- Executive presence and ability to influence (sell) to all levels within the partner assigned, customers and our internal organization.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a highly complex, matrix work environments with multiple stakeholders.
- Must have a strong executive presence and demonstrate the ability to generate and maintain relationships at all levels within the Partner community plus exhibit the ability to "sell ideas" and influence senior leadership internally and externally.
- Strong business acumen and technology knowledge. Background in IoT, big data, analytics and key application (Oracle, Microsoft or SAP) a plus.
- Flexibility to travel locally by car for 50% of the time.
- Inspiring communication skills; verbal, written and presentation.
- Must be able to lead a virtual team of technicians, service colleagues, finance support personnel and partners to effectively manage an overall sales campaign.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.