Hitachi Vantara, a wholly owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., helps data-driven leaders use the value in their data to innovate intelligently and reach outcomes that matter for business and society - what we call a double bottom line. Only Hitachi Vantara combines 100+ years of experience in operational technology (OT) and 60+ years in IT to unlock the power of data from your business, your people and your machines. We help enterprises store, enrich, activate and monetize data for better customer experiences, new revenue streams and lower business costs.The Role
The Service Desk Avisor will work with Hitachi sales representatives and customers to discover requirements, create and price service proposals, and ensure a smooth sales process.
She/He will take service requests and incoming calls from Hitachi sales representatives and determine the best way to engage the professional services team: select a pre-defined service from a list; learn more from the customer to select a service; or escalate to a Services Sales Principal to pursue a complex opportunity. The advisor will be responsible for handling inquiries promptly and effectively in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment. Responsibilities
- Classify call and e-mail inquiries from sales and customers by following a defined process; take appropriate action based on the opportunity type.
- Work with sales representatives to select and position pre-defined services.
- Transition high-value service opportunities to the Services Sales Professionals for further development.
- Inform sales and customers of alternative or additional services that may fulfill customer's objectives; describe service outcomes.
- Update the ticketing system to reflect the status for each service opportunity.
- Operate the CRM (customer relationship management) systems and ensure accurate information about customers and opportunities are available.
- Build rapport with sales and customers through friendly, engaging communication; providing technical information and explanations; preparing quotes.
- Provide proactive services communication to sales representatives to educate and foster relationship for assigned districts.
- Train Hitachi sales representatives on available service offerings.
- Conduct sales district presentations to foster services education.
- Follow prescribed training program meeting key milestones at defined time intervals.
- Manage a database of potential customers and contact them regularly to generate new leads.
- Provide coaching to Associate Service Desk Advisors.
- Perform tasks and activities delegated by the Senior Service Desk Advisor.
- Bachelor's degree - computing/business-related studies preferred
- Minimum 1 year of experience in technical sales or inside sales or telemarketing.
- Business proficient in English.
- Good knowledge of French.
- Capable of leveraging CRM software and other common computer software such as web presentation tools, Power Point, MS Word, Outlook and MS Excel.
- Experience working with Salesforce.com preferred.
- Ability to prioritize tasks, manage time effectively and handle conflicts in the business.
- Speak in a friendly way to sales, customers and potential customers; listening to their needs and communicating options for them.
- Demonstrate confident presentation skills to communicate service positioning; answering questions sales and customers might have.
- Demonstrate capacity to understand technical topics.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.