- Overall technology leadership and responsible for architecting solutions (pre-sales level) in her/his assigned accounts and/or territory
- Primary technology leader/strategist during client engagement.
- Responsible for pre-sales technology, solutions, and strategic client engagement.
- Works closely with Sales and Solutions teams for on-going account development, consistent execution, and compliance with pre-sales processes and disciplines.
- Understand and position solutions around complete Hitachi portfolio with a focus on software and IoT technologies
- Become a customer trusted advisor through ongoing relationship development
- Assist other Solution Consultants where necessary
- Overall responsibility for the solutions being proposed to customer (technical leadership in assigned accounts / territory)
- Works with sales to formulate account strategies. Performs discovery with customers to understand key technical, financial, operational, and business issues that can be mitigated or alleviated.
- Assesses customer opportunities and architects creative and innovative solutions aimed at solving business, operational, and financial issues. Provides highly innovated solutions and contributes to the development of innovative principles and ideas.
- Proposes and demonstrates the suite of Hitachi products through the use of demo's, white boards, and presentations.
- Remains up to date with respect to Hitachi portfolio (products, solutions, and services) and keeps abreast of industry trends, best practices, and competing/complementary products.
- Identifies and delivers customer requirements, including the ability to provide meaningful field input to the product teams, to enhance the company's overall platform/value proposition.
- Routinely exercises independent judgment in developing methods, techniques and criteria for achieving objectives.
- As appropriate, directly engages with high-level customer decision makers to understand customer business issues and brings the right resources to bear in developing and proposing solutions including, hardware, software, and business consulting services.
- Bridging relationship and ensuring consistency between Hitachi presales and other internal organizations (e.g. Services)
- Create customer engagement and enthusiasm through delivery of Hitachi and Hitachi Vision and Strategy
- Develop architecture, sizing, quotes (including configuration), proposals, and presentation related to the solution being built
- 7+ years of experience in the Information Technology industry (Presales, IT Manager, Solutions/Datacenter Architect, etc)
- Strong knowledge and experience in one or more of the following technologies: Data Storage, Big Data, Data Analytics, Converged Solutions, Virtualization, Business Continuity, networking concepts and architectures.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent education needed.
- Ability to write well-structured reports and proposals with clear, logical and succinct language.
- Ability to work independently and to engage in multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent customer/business negotiation skills.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.