Hitachi Vantara combines technology, intellectual property and industry knowledge to deliver data-managing solutions that help enterprises improve their customers' experiences, develop new revenue streams, and lower the costs of business. Hitachi Vantara elevates your innovation advantage by combining IT, operational technology (OT) and domain expertise. Come join our team and our employee-focused culture and help drive our customers' data to meaningful customer outcomes. The Role
The primary role of a Pre-Sales Solutions Consultant is to work collaboratively with the direct sales team, Clients and Partners to provide support for all presales solution aspects of the sales cycle. Job requirements include but are not limited to the following activities; Requirement study, RFI/RFP preparation, opportunity support, Proposal support, Demo/PoC support. Technical selling is key part to this role and includes opportunity creation and technical account planning as well.
Solution Consultant plays a vital role in establishing and supporting the technical sales relationship with prospects - clients. In concert with the sales representative, the Solution Consultant maps product capabilities to client needs and sets mutually understood and accepted expectations related to our solutions to ensure the success of post-sale implementations.
• Provides proactive technical and business consultative presales services
• Provide technical guidance and solution design assistance to regional Sales Account Managers. This includes design and/or consultative review of existing client architectures while driving architectural convergence, encouraging architectural excellence and consistency, and collaborating on new architectures within the team, product spaces and business unit.
• Assist sales division to help define opportunities and close large opportunities with the right Solutions and mapping key Value propositions to customers business.
• Develop Key Enterprise Clients and address their current and new business/applications by portfolio selling
• Perform technical presentations, Coordinate proof of Concepts, solutions and product demonstration
• Work closely with sales team and Partners by participating and supporting all sales strategies and business goals
• Minimum of 5+ yrs of overall technical experience in IT Infrastructure with 5+yrs in the Pre-sales Technical consultant capacity.
• Must have experience building technical solutions, working with system integrators, resolving customer IT problems, and the ability to work well in a team setting. A comprehensive understanding of Information technology is required with emphasis on Applications, Compute, Networking Platform, Storage Fabric and Storage Platform.
• Experience in building solutions that includes Opportunity Information gathering, building a business case, high - Low level architecture definition, services etc.)
• Knowledge of Storage, x86 Servers and converged solution is must
• Knowledge of Object Storage, Big Data, Cloud, Smart Spaces, IoT solutions desirable
• Should be an accomplished presenter of sales and technical material to both small and large groups.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and oral are required. Possess the ability to effectively present ideas, and properly describe problems and propose solutions.
• The candidate must be a self-starter and possess excellent time management skills. The successful candidate will function independently to determine proper methods and procedures and may supervise other personnel as part of the role.
• Demonstrated self-confidence and self-reliance in conducting demonstrations, training, and experience working in Business-to-Business situations.
• Critical thinking, reasoning, and problem solving are an essential part of this position.
• Bachelor-s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering. MBA is a plus.