Windows/VMWare SME (Windows / VMware)
Infrastructure and Development Team Manager
Systems Engineer is a key role for infrastructure projects and maintenance. This role provides support for GDDC infrastructure and Operations Teams.
This role is responsible to liaise with internal and external parties to solve problems for infrastructure, provide technical advice to management and ensure the GDDC infrastructure is healthy.
- Represent the Compute team during the intake of new services or projects related to the Windows Server OS 2008/2012/2016.
- Develop automation, using Windows PowerShell, for the deployment and configuration of Windows Server systems.
- Build and maintain management systems to support the overall health and lifecycle of the Windows server infrastructure including custom tools and commercial products such as WSUS.
- Understanding of Advanced Network Architecture (e.g. Active Directory, DHCP, Load Balancer, Firewall, VPN, Domain Controller configurations).
- Expert in Windows System Administration, Remote connectivity tools, Active Directory services.
- Responsible for maintaining documentation for the Windows servers footprint to include physical and virtual across all environments and Capacity management.
- Maintaining the Windows patching schedule and executing patch and version updates, monitoring server's capacity, server performance, and performing server recaps.
- Knowledge in ESXi/vSphere host Upgrade
- Should have good knowledge on certificate management.
- Maintain systems security and compliance with ISO-27001 and PCI-DSS.
- Acts as a subject-matter expert to multiple tasks and/or programs.
- Reviews completion and implementation of system additions and/or enhancements and makes recommendations to management and/or clients.
- Plans and directs upgrades of operating systems and designs systems enhancements.
- Identifies, analyzes, resolves system problems and work on Root Cause Analysis.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
- Participate in the design, implementation, documentation of current Infra
- Strong written and spoken English language skills.
ProfileTechnical Skill Set
- Familiar with Windows, TCP/IP networking, and VMware vSphere.
- Experience in: Windows Server Update Services (WSUS), Active Directory, Windows Group Policy, Capacity planning.
- PowerShell and batch scripting for Windows platform.
- Familiarity with Hitachi Vantara products (enterprise storage, blade servers, and rack-mount servers).
- Experience with vRealize Suite tools, such as vRealize Operations Manager, vRealize Log Insight, and vRealize Automation.
- Experience with Microsoft management / automation tools, such as System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) or System Center Operations Manager (SCOM).
- Should have auditing knowledge e.g. ISO-27001 and PCI-DSS
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related discipline.
- 8-12 years' experience in systems operation and production support.
- ITIL Foundation
- MCSE or VCP certification is desirable.
Requirement of Health and Security
- Take reasonable care for their own health and safety and that of others, who may be affected by what you do or do not do at work.
- Cooperate with your Employer on matters of Health and Safety.
- Abide by the Hitachi Vantara and Customer Information Security policies, Acceptable Usage policies, Guidelines and Procedures.
- Maintain security awareness appropriate to the level of duties being performed.
- Report suspected vulnerabilities, breaches and/or misuse of Hitachi Vantara data/systems to a manager, IT support staff or the Information Security Officer.