Hitachi Vantara combines technology, intellectual property and industry knowledge to deliver data-managing solutions that help enterprises improve their customers' experiences, develop new revenue streams, and lower the costs of business. Hitachi Vantara elevates your innovation advantage by combining IT, operational technology (OT) and domain expertise. Come join our team and our employee-focused culture and help drive our customers' data to meaningful customer outcomes.The Role
Systems Engineer is a key role for infrastructure projects and maintenance. This role provides support for GDDC infrastructure and Operations Teams.
This role is responsible to liaise with internal and external parties to solve problems for infrastructure, provide technical advice to management and ensure the GDDC infrastructure is healthy. Responsibilities
- Install, configure, upgrade, and maintain Intel x86 server systems running Windows Server and VMware ESXi.
- Perform administration and maintenance of Active Directory, DNS, and Group Policy.
- Perform administration and maintenance of VMware vSphere (vCenter Server Appliance, ESXi).
- Maintain systems security and compliance with ISO-27001 and PCI-DSS.
- Perform OS/Network and monitoring applications implementation.
- Provide ongoing technical support, problem investigation and resolution for OS, Network, Monitoring tools on 24x7 on-call basis.
- Responsible for vendor escalation.
- Develop/maintain system implementation documents, knowledge base, service reports and operational procedures.
- Assist with identification of implementation risks and with development of mitigation or avoidance plans.
- Strong written and spoken English language skills.
- Familiar with Windows, TCP/IP networking, and VMware vSphere.
- Experience in: Windows Server Update Services (WSUS), Active Directory, Windows Group Policy.
- PowerShell and batch scripting for Windows platform.
- Familiarity with Hitachi Vantara products (enterprise storage, blade servers, and rack-mount servers).
- Experience with vRealize Suite tools, such as vRealize Operations Manager, vRealize Log Insight, and vRealize Automation.
- Experience with Microsoft management / automation tools, such as System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) or System Center Operations Manager (SCOM).
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related discipline.
- 3-5 years' experience in systems operation and production support.
- ITIL Foundation
- MCSE or VCP certification is desirable.