Windows Server Engineer Responsibilities:
Windows Server Engineers provide end-to-end solutions to the stakeholders, while keeping in mind the IT security policy. Windows Server Engineers must possess a broad understanding of hardware and software technology and its application in the business environment including datacenter establishment.
Windows Server Engineers suggest improvements for hardware and computer software development and its affordability. These engineers retain the production change control plan and contribute to change control.
Their main job profile involves designing and implementing computer systems, both software and network. Server professional ensures that the computer system responds efficiently to support the requirements of an organization.
The following are the core Windows Server Engineer responsibilities:
• Develop and maintain windows platform for the server as a host, connected with multiple clients (other computers)
• Test and certify new versions of windows operating system providing better solution and integration for the application like VMware and SharePoint.
• Integrate the server automation process either by custom scripts or via third-party solutions.
• Implement regular checks for the status of servers including hardware and software.
• Maintain and support multi-site windows environment along with hardware and software configuration.
• Management of server migration when required by the client.
• Understanding of LAN/WAN/VLAN, TCP/IP, UDP
Windows Systems, or server, engineers keep the systems in a datacenter setting running properly by monitoring server processes, executes upgrades of software, maintains the operating system, addresses queries about technical issues, and improves the effectiveness of the overall environment by assessing system functions.
The engineers finalize most of the work during normal business hours. Sometimes, with new system upgrades or server fixes, engineers complete the task through odd hours of the evening or on holidays.
Windows Engineer Server Qualifications
Windows server engineers are a critical position and to be a success in this you will need to have a primary degree in computer science, IT, electronics or related field. A deep understanding of the Windows Server operating system, Windows Server 2012 and above. SCCM experience with large-scale server management is preferred.
Windows Engineer Server CertificationsFollowing are essential certifications in this windows environment:
• CompTIA Server+
• Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP)
• Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate- server 2016, 2012 (MCSA)
• Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE)
Window Server Engineer Responsibilities
Apart from the technical expertise, Windows Engineer Servers will need to have the following skills to become successful in this field.
• Exceptional communication skills
• Outstanding troubleshooting skills
• Outcomes Oriented - Successfully manage a set of responsibilities until its completion
• Team Player with a capability to work successfully with various personalities
• Work well under pressure
• Receive guidance - feedback from an allocated project manager
• Operate self-sufficiently from home office; when required
• Perform service delivery documentation for the environment