This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 44386
Date Posted: Dec 20, 2019
Business Unit: Hitachi High-Technologies
Company Name: Hitachi High Technologies America, Inc.
Profession (Job Category): Engineering
Job Type (Experience Level): Experienced
Job Schedule: Full-time
Hitachi High Technologies Ireland Limited (HHTI), an innovator in the field of scientific instrumentation, has and opening for a qualified Senior Field Service Engineer (CD-SEM) in its Electron Microscope Engineering Group and the position will be located in the Leixlip, Ireland Area.
HHTI is looking for individuals who are dynamic and motivated to will help create solutions for our customer's in the challenging world of semiconductor manufacturing. An ideal candidate would have expertise knowledge in electronics, mechanical, vacuum, computer, and diagnostic, which would allow them to perform set-up, calibration, failure diagnoses, and trouble shooting on advanced Critical Dimension Electron Microscopes or Dark-Field wafer inspection systems that are based on leading-edge technology from a world-renowned technology provider.
POSITION SUMMARY DESCRIPTION:
This Field Service Engineer role will typically spend 5% of their time receiving training. The remaining time is utilized by providing support activity to all various types of Service calls ranging from Basic to Advanced, Preventative Maintenance (PM’s), Billable’s, Installations, as well as Sales Support. Also, this role will provide basic training to others in either a classroom or an OJT situation. The engineer will be responsible for ordering and maintaining sufficient inventory to support the assigned customer base. In addition, the engineer will hold the responsibility of scheduling all services within their territory at Managements’ discretion. Generally, the engineer will possess the ability to service a wide range of instrument models within a product line in the assigned territory with minimal supervision.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
· Work from schematics using various test equipment and mathematical calculations specific to electronics;
· Willingness to travel both domestically and internationally, as required;
· Set and keep appropriate schedules for service on the assigned equipment;
· Provide highly detailed documentation for the purpose of problem resolution and/or engineer training;
· Demonstrate ability to transfer technical knowledge to less experienced engineers through On Job Training (OJT) or Classroom Training;
· Successfully demonstrate ability to work independently with limited supervision.
· Understanding of laser based inspection systems or electron beam based metrology systems;
· Previous semiconductor manufacturing experience is a plus;
· Requires a minimum of a Diploma of Science degree in electronics or equivalent;
· Bachelors of Science degree in Electronics Engineering is a plus;
· Must be able to meet HHTI’s customer’s badge requirements and guidelines;
· Knowledge of analog and digital circuitry as applied to our equipment;
· Electronics, Mechanical, Computer, and equipment specific operation skills are must;
· Experience using digital volt meters, oscilloscopes, hand tools and computers;
· Basic Knowledge and understanding of Physics and Chemistry;
· Experience disassembling and assembling intricate parts as related to selected instruments;
· The ability to demonstrate the following:
· Strong work ethic; (On time to work and training, on time completion of assignments, strong preparation for assignments, effective teamwork, etc.);
· Strong verbal and written communication skills with management, co-workers, internal and external customers;
· Effectively communicate information to customers and manager regarding service activities and schedules;
· The ability to effectively interface with customers, service department personnel and others.