Job ID: 44389
Date Posted: Oct 23, 2019
Business Unit: Hitachi Consulting
Company Name: Hitachi Consulting Global Corporation
Profession (Job Category): Consulting
Job Type (Experience Level): Experienced
Job Schedule: Full-time
Hitachi Consulting is the global business and IT consulting company of Hitachi Ltd and is recognised as a leader in delivering proven business strategies and technology solutions. Hitachi Consulting UK offers the agility of a smaller firm, the stability of a larger firm and the innovation that comes from being part of the global Hitachi group.
With a balanced view of strategy, people, process and technology, Hitach Consulting UK works with organisations to understand their unique business needs, and to develop and implement solutions that provide measurable value quickly through the inspired work of great people.
An opportunity exists for a Service Desk Analyst to join the Cloud Solutions Services Practice of Hitachi Consulting. The Cloud Solutions Services practice provides both reactive and proactive support services covering Oracle Applications, MS SharePoint, bespoke development and business intelligence applications. Services offered include functional, technical, DBA and infrastructure remote and on-site support for large enterprise scale solutions. Data centre hosting facilities can be provided for situations where the client wishes Hitachi Consulting to provide a full technology solution.
Hitachi Consulting is looking for a candidate who can provide excellent customer service, following best practice service management procedures and who can build excellent working relationships with customers and internal teams alike.
The main areas of responsibility are:
· Responding to requests from the global customer base as “first line support” in the logging and triage of new Incidents, Problems, Change Requests and Service Requests, ensuring that accurate information is captured and documented within the ticket.
· Fulfilling basic Service Requests on internal and customer systems.
· Liaising with vendors and 3rd party providers to provide end-to-end support for the customer.
· Responding to proactive monitoring alerts and escalating related Incidents to appropriate analysts, maximising customer system performance and availability.
· Monitoring active Service Level Agreement (SLA) and Key performance Indicator (KPI) measurements to proactively maintain appropriate metrics, ensuring that event triggers and notifications are escalated to the designated team and managers.
· Assisting with the Service Transition process by provisioning Service Desk set-up and individual SharePoint based Client Gateways.
· Assisting in the documentation, testing and implementation of ITIL service processes.
· Maintaining the out-of-hours support on-call rotas and telephone system set-up.
· Acting as a point of contact and responding to queries from Service Managers and Delivery Leads in relation to process and systems usage.
· Contributing to department goals and objectives and team effort by accomplishing related results as needed and assigned by the Service Desk Manager.
This role would be ideally suited to a graduate who wishes to progress a career in Service Management or a candidate who has experience of working in a customer facing organization, preferably with knowledge of Service Desk operations.
A Service Desk Analyst typically has:
The role will is based in Lisbon, working as part of the Global Service Desk team, servicing both Americas and EMEA clients and liaising with resources both locally within the Europe and internationally with the resources in the US and India. The team provides support from 08:00 to 18:00 currently utilizing a shift rota based on an 8 hour working day.
Hitachi Consulting offers excellent benefits and career growth to all employees and is an equal opportunity employer.