This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 44396
Date Posted: Dec 13, 2019
Business Unit: Hitachi High-Technologies
Company Name: Hitachi High Technologies America, Inc.
Profession (Job Category): Engineering
Job Type (Experience Level): New Graduate
Job Schedule: Full-time
The Mechanical Engineer position is located in Hillsboro, OR and supports the business objectives of HTA’s Semiconductor Equipment Division. The position anticipates in the conceptualization, modeling, analysis, development, documentation, and test/validation of hardware associated with new semiconductor plasma etching and ashing tool. Work with potential suppliers to ensure parts can be manufactured in accordance with performance and cost objectives. The main objective is to designs, develops, and analyzes mechanical systems, equipment and packaging for etching system. Conducts feasibility studies and testing on new and modified designs. Develop and execute test plans that generate characterization data sufficient to understand and validate the performance of the design. Develop and present reports/presentations of excellent quality that communicate design intent, analysis, and validation at design reviews.
• B.S. or M.S. in mechanical engineering, chemical engineering, or material science or an equivalent combination of education and experience
• Should have a minimum of 2 years mechanical design experience
• Knowledge of semiconductor manufacture tool design a plus
• Must be willing to travel domestically and internationally approximately 5% of the time including assignments that require multiple weeks stay
• Must be willing to live abroad on international assignments that typically last three months’ time or less
Knowledge of design and development for mechanical system
Strong computer aided design skills including 2D and 3D cad system
Knowledge of plasma dry etching or semiconductor processing preferred
Responsible for the design, development and implementation of custom mechanical tooling, fixturing, and associated processes to enable the handling, assembly and/or disassembly of parts, components sub-assemblies and final assemblies throughout the product life cycle
Applies general knowledge of business developed through education or past experience
Uses existing procedures to solve standard problems; analyzes information and standard practices to make judgments
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)-Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities