District of Columbia,
Job ID: 44368
Date Posted: Feb 26, 2020
Segment: Others (Including Headquarters and R&D )
Business Unit: Hitachi Regional Headquarters
Company Name: Hitachi America, Ltd.
Profession (Job Category): Engineering
Job Type (Experience Level): Experienced
Job Schedule: Full-time
DescriptionCompany: Hitachi America, Ltd.
Division: Particle Therapy Division (PTD)
Location: Washington, DC
Status: Temp to Perm for 6 months
Shifts: 9 hr. shift day and / or night
Hitachi America, Ltd. (www.hitachi-america.us) is looking for an experienced Service Engineer to service and maintenance the Proton Beam Therapy System (PBT) and the associated support systems as assigned. The Service Engineer will be responsible for preventative and corrective maintenance and he/she will work as part of the team to ensure compliance of technical and mechanical programs such as; worker safety, spare parts program, tool management, equipment tagging, facility procedure compliance, administrative procedure compliance, office equipment and systems by following all necessary procedures, protocols and guidelines.
· Monitor and positively affect operational performance
· Work in compliance with all regulatory standards including OSHA and internal policies and interpretations of the above as required
· Incorporate new technology, products and processes into daily operations
· Interface with customers and clinicians to ensure maximum customer satisfaction
· Respond to calls for service support within a reasonable amount of time
· Schedule maintenance work and manage spare parts usage to minimize costs and maximize effectiveness
· Monitor and improve Up Time for site PBT systems
· Maintain tools and equipment in good condition including monitoring of calibration due.
· Perform Preventive Maintenance (Daily, Weekly, Monthly, 3Month, 6Month, Annual, 2year, 3year and others), Corrective Maintenance, and Technical Quality Assurance work.
· Complete and submit work orders in a timely fashion and includes all relevant details
· Complete and submit all time cards and expense reports in a timely fashion and includes all relevant details
· Bookkeeping responsibilities?
· Pack and unpack the cardboard box and/or wooden crate, perform incoming inspection and issue Inventory Adjustment Form.
· Transport packages, wooden crates, gas cylinders to and from the loading dock and mail room
· 0-2 years of experience working as a Service Engineer is required
· Previous experience working as an equipment technician for a PBT facility is preferred
· Technically skilled with proven ability to troubleshoot problems, solve abstract issues, and interpret policies and procedures
· Ability to:
o read and correctly interpret various engineering documents (schematics, wiring, diagrams, piping diagrams, etc.)
o use standard electronic test and measurement instruments (DVM, oscilloscope, micrometers, etc.)
o safely work in regions of high voltage and radiation
o safely lift up to 70 pounds repeatedly
o work independently or as part of a cross-functional team
o maintain focus and work with precision over extended periods
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (especially Excel)
EOE-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities