Hitachi Vantara, a wholly owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., helps data-driven leaders use the value in their data to innovate intelligently and reach outcomes that matter for business and society - what we call a double bottom line. Only Hitachi Vantara combines 100+ years of experience in operational technology (OT) and 60+ years in IT to unlock the power of data from your business, your people and your machines. We help enterprises store, enrich, activate and monetize data for better customer experiences, new revenue streams and lower business costsThe Role
We are seeking a Telecommunications Specialist who is a TEMS (Telecom Expense Management System) expert. This role will be responsible for driving process and quality improvements across the TEMS ecosystem, managing invoicing accuracy and payment, monthly accruals, voice and data circuit ordering and vendor/carrier management for all network and telecom billing. We need a detail-oriented employee who will excel at collaborating with Procurement, Finance and other IT teams. Responsibilities
- Develop the strategic direction and deliver an improved Telecom Expense Management System (TEMS) process with the involvement of the Network Engineering, Collaboration, Procurement and Finance teams; manage the TEMS solution lifecycle and lead continuous service improvement efforts
- Manage the network billing process and contract rate analysis
- Ensure invoices are accurate and expenses match installed services
- Establish and maintain telecom/carrier vendor relationships (i.e. Masergy, Virtela, WebEx, Zoom, NTT Global, others) through established and timely business reviews
- Work with TEMS vendor to audit/approve network service provider invoices in an accurate and timely basis; handles the resolution of billing discrepancies to assure corrections and credits are applied
- Creates, improves and documents payment workflows and owns ensuring that the information is accessible. Responsible for training a backup in all the processes
- Monitor service level agreements which include availability, billing accuracy, renewal terms, etc.
- Lead weekly meetings regarding circuit orders, cancellation and delivery; ensure order information is updated and available on demand
- Minimum of 3-5 years' experience managing some or all of the following: TEMS, network invoices, contracts, carrier portals and tariffs.
- Ability to create tables and utilize queries in Microsoft Access or other database tool a plus.
- Strong communication, relationship development, analytical and strategic planning skills.
- Global/international telecom experience is highly desired.
- Vendor experience with Audiocodes, Masergy, TEMS vendors highly desired.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.