Hitachi Vantara, a wholly owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., helps data-driven leaders use the value in their data to innovate intelligently and reach outcomes that matter for business and society - what we call a double bottom line. Only Hitachi Vantara combines 100+ years of experience in operational technology (OT) and 60+ years in IT to unlock the power of data from your business, your people and your machines. We help enterprises store, enrich, activate and monetize data for better customer experiences, new revenue streams and lower business costs The Role
The Senior developer must have a strong understanding of Oracle eBusiness Suite, API integrations, and shell scripting. This individual must be able to work independently with little supervision. Creation of key documentation for business requirements, functional specifications, technical specifications and testing documents will be required. Must be able to work directly with the Human Resources business team to define and refine requirements and propose solutions.Responsibilities
Specific duties include but are not limited to the following essential job functions:
- Develop Human Resources and Payroll solutions within Oracle EBS Version 12.1.3 with a 60/40 split of technical/functional expertise.
- Maintains environments and leads technical testing efforts to complete refreshes and other related system changes.
- Perform code reviews and provide guidance to other developers on best practices aligned with development standards and processes.
- Work with cross-functional teams across IT to ensure that all processes, procedures and policies are adhered to for the projects and enhancements assigned.
- Guide the design, development, testing and deployment of new business functionality.
- Provide knowledge transfer to other team members and support team members.
- Create system related documentation for Oracle EBS RICEFW.
- Deliver the defined scope and deliverables according to the dates and milestones established.
- Drive the development effort by participating in workshops, designing and communicating technical solutions.
- Provide guidance on how technology solutions could solve business problems and enable new business functionality.
- Estimate development efforts for projects and enhancements within HR - Payroll.
- Provide updates on project status, issues, risks, escalations, and change requests.
- Coordinate with 3rd party vendors on application support issues, defects and enhancements.
- Manage contractors who might join the team from time to time to augment capacity or skill sets.
- Willingness to work outside of standard business hours to resolve issues or complete special projects if required.
Key Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Strong experience and understanding of business processes in Human Resources and Payroll required.
- Good knowledge of Oracle Application Architecture.
- Must be a self-starter with the desire to expand knowledge in other technical areas.
- Must have experience writing Inbound/Outbound interfaces, Oracle API's for Mergers/Acquisitions, REST API and sftp protocols.
- Experience working with and integrating with third-party applications.
- Excellent Oracle Database, PL/SQL, Forms, XML Publisher skills are integral part of this job
- Over 8 years of technical experience on Oracle (Version 12cR1); Oracle PL/SQL (Writing procedure, functions, packages, forms), Oracle Database (Writing SQL, UTL_FILE, DDL, DML etc.), ORDS (Not required but Desirable), linux command knowledge and shell scripting.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication written and verbal and leadership skills.
- Oracle HCM Employee and manager Self Service knowledge is required.
- Personalizations/Customizations on Oracle Applications Framework (OAF) writing VO's, Controllers is highly desirable but not required.
- Experience in delivering software projects using Agile methodology.
- Experience with project issue and tracking tools such as JIRA or ALM.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology Management or related discipline.
- At least 8 years of Oracle EBS platform development experience.
- At least 8 years of Oracle modules: HR, Payroll, OAB, SSHR, OTL.
- Completed at least 2 full-lifecycle implementations of Oracle EBS or another ERP system.
- Has played a key role designing development standards and processes for an organization and/or following a comprehensive standard.
- Knowledge of all phases of software development including requirements/story gathering, analysis, solution design, development, testing (unit, integration, end-to-end user), implementation, and support.
- We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.