Hitachi Vantara, a wholly owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., helps data-driven leaders use the value in their data to innovate intelligently and reach outcomes that matter for business and society - what we call a double bottom line. Only Hitachi Vantara combines 100+ years of experience in operational technology (OT) and 60+ years in IT to unlock the power of data from your business, your people and your machines. We help enterprises store, enrich, activate and monetize data for better customer experiences, new revenue streams and lower business costsThe Role
We are seeking a Network Engineer who can design and deliver cutting edge solutions in a hybrid network environment with an emphasis on using the cloud not only for compute but also for moving networking technology forward. In addition to working on LAN/WAN/Data Center/Cloud networks, the person in this role will be the lead engineer on all things WiFi. We want the person in this role to have a passion for rethinking everything and embracing software defined solutions, driving automation throughout the network service stack and increasing efficiency and reliability of delivered services.Responsibilities
- Develop strategies for a wireless only, wired+wireless, guest and visitor access using Mist Wireless technology.
- Support current Cisco Wireless technology and develop a transition path to Mist.
- Engineer, design and deploy wireless network services and solutions based on business, strategic, and technical requirements
- includes installing, configuring and maintaining wireless network equipment, network management
- Deploy solutions starting with the proof of concept and continuing through full deployment and support transition to Operations teams
- Identify, recommend and lead continuous network infrastructure improvement efforts
- Find and recommend new and innovative products, services and solutions
- Drive innovation and automation across the network and enable other teams to do the same
- Act as an escalation point to Operations teams and a mentor to other Network Engineers
- Minimum 10 years of industry experience as a Network engineer working on Wireless, LAN, WAN.
- Industry certifications such as CCNP, CCIE, Mist Master
- In depth understanding of network protocols including BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, IPSEC, HSRP, VDC, 802.11, 802.1x, SNMP
- Excellent communication, documentation and presentation skills
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- Advanced level experience working with Wireless technologies specifically using Mist, and Cisco
- Advanced level experience working with Wireless touch points for identity-based network authentication mechanisms (Cisco ISE, 802.1x). ForeScout experience is a plus.
- Familiarity with cloud connectivity models for Enterprise extension. Specifically, AWS, Azure.
- Experience in capacity planning, QoS, and intelligent/optimal path selection methodologies
- Hands on experience using network simulation, automation and scripting tools
- Knowledge and use of network monitoring tools such as Mist Applications, Solarwinds Orion, Panorama, Cisco Prime, Wireshark (or similar network packet capture tools)
- Hardware/Software Knowledge:
- Hardware: Cisco, Mist, Palo Alto Networks,
- Software: Cisco Viptela, IOS/NXOS, PAN-OS, SolarWinds, LiveAction
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.