Job description Who We Are Hitachi Rail
is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signaling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions.
• Support planning, execution, monitoring and controlling Design, configuration, test and commissioning activities for the telecommunication system according to the overall program schedule.
• Support analysis of the technology environment
• Support Identification, analysis and management of requirements
• Support identification and resolution of interfaces internal and external to the Telecommunication System (e.g. Signaling, Rolling Stock, etc.)
• Support architecting and Integrating medium-complex telecommunications systems with particular attention to Networking technologies
• Support preparation of Conceptual, Preliminary, Detailed and Installation Design for each Telecom & Security technology
• Participate in products selection
• Support creation of Bill of Materials and support Purchasing Department to order equipment in particular for the Wired and Wireless telecommunications networks
• Configure test and commission IP networks.
• Configure test and commission Wireless systems, from UHF/VHF to Microwaves.
Required Skills and Experiences:
• Working knowledge of Complex Networks design, both wired and wireless
• Working Knowledge of network design patterns and constraints (CCNA or equivalent certification would be an advantage)
• Working knowledge of Switching and Routing protocols
• Working knowledge of wireless communications
• Excellent ability to use sophisticated test equipment including multi-meters, oscilloscopes and a spectrum analyzer.
• Working knowledge of Test and commissioning processes
• Skilled in handling electric, electronic, and mechanical drawings and schematics
• Experience with network architecture design
• Detail oriented with excellent organizational skills
• Excellent written and oral communications skills and ability to communicate complex technical information
Desired Skills and Experiences:
• knowledge of telecommunications systems for the railway industry
• Electrical, Electronic, or Computer Engineering or Information Technology Qualifications/ University Degree
• From 2 to 5 years of Railway System Engineering expertise