Hitachi Vantara, a wholly owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., helps data-driven leaders use the value in their data to innovate intelligently and reach outcomes that matter for business and society - what we call a double bottom line. Only Hitachi Vantara combines 100+ years of experience in operational technology (OT) and 60+ years in IT to unlock the power of data from your business, your people and your machines. We help enterprises store, enrich, activate and monetize data for better customer experiences, new revenue streams and lower business costsThe Role
We are seeking a senior level, Unified Collaboration Engineer who will focus on the end-to-end lifecycle including architecture of Unified Communications (UC) platforms and related technologies globally. The candidate will have an excellent foundation in technology but also a keen sense of business and what it takes to move the organization forward. This position is critical to the evolution of UC services and the candidate will have an opportunity to help shape the future of Hitachi Vantara IT.Responsibilities
- Act as Subject Matter Expert (SME) for Webcast technology, Session Border controller technology and overall ITIL service ownership lifecycle.
- Leverage a strong working knowledge of Microsoft O365 with a focus on Teams, work with fellow SMEs in Telecom and other infrastructure disciplines to develop the roadmap, and the delivery and operational support plans for voice calling and Microsoft Teams.
- Take the lead role on complex problems and projects which require in depth analysis of options, technology evaluation and cross functional engagement
- Act as a technical advisor to IT business partners and their Hitachi Vantara customers
- Lead the effort to further automation: identify opportunities, create roll out or upgrade plans and own the deployments
- Drive process improvement, continuous service improvement, policy creation, documentation, and change management across all technologies and services
- Create and communicate the vision and business case for new technologies
- Collaborate with Network, IT Security, Procurement and other teams to build and deliver cost effective services that are efficient to operate and meet the business needs
- Minimum 7 years of related IT infrastructure experience
- Minimum 5 years of related Microsoft Office 365/Skype for Business/Microsoft Teams deployment or systems management experience
- ITIL and Azure Certifications preferred
- Hands on experience and expertise with the following voice/collaboration technologies including but not limited to Microsoft Teams, Teams Live Events, Hive, 3rd party webcasting, Audiocodes, Webcast technology, Sonus, SIP Trunks and E911
- Hands on experience managing complex, global projects
- Basic Knowledge on AD, DNS, DHCP, Networking, Firewall technologies
- Basic skills with one Programming/Scripting language like PowerShell, Python, etc.
- Very strong interpersonal and communication skill
- Effective in fast decision-making, problem solving and influencing others
- Self-learner, able earn new concepts easily and quickly
- Take initiatives and continuously investigate ways to improve
- Experience trouble shooting and problem resolution skills in working with complex networks
- Strong data analytical skills
- Team player working in an international, virtual, distributed and multi-culture team
- Possesses a record of execution against aggressive timelines
- Consistent and disciplined approach to support global corporations
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.