Hitachi Solutions Canada is a core IT Company of the Hitachi Group, which employs some 400,000 people worldwide. We help customers from strategy to solution through a portfolio of management consulting, advisory, implementation and support services. We have 13 years of experience doing business and in that time, have accumulated a growing list of over 350 satisfied, repeat customers. We are a Cloud Services Partner to Microsoft Canada. Our family of over 200 employees across the country work on delivering innovative solutions around Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP), Business Intelligence, Portals and Collaboration, Cloud Computing, Custom Application Development, Customer Relationship Management (CRM), Application Infrastructure, Support Services.
Our people are creative and can get the job done. Hitachi Solutions has experienced phenomenal growth and has maintained a relaxed and open culture, with an emphasis on diversity and the development of our people. We aim to be the best IT consulting company in North America and will do so by continuing to invest in talented and motivated people, building long term relationships with our customers and by focusing nationally.Job Description
A strategic priority for Hitachi Solutions is the ongoing growth of our Azure and O365 cloud presence in the market. In order to help us achieve these growth aspirations we are expanding and strengthening our capabilities in several regions across Canada.
We hire people who are highly competent performers in their specific discipline that want to be part of a professional services firm helping our clients realize their vision.
The Modern Workplace Practice Director is a senior level person who has ownership for all aspects (technical and business) of the Modern Workplace practice in the geography. This includes the growth and development of the organization, and the achievement of all goals (specifically financial). As a practice director, you are an expert in delivering cloud solutions, selling these solutions, and building and managing a team.
A Practice Director works with the rest of the practice leadership to set the strategy for the practice and is able to communicate that vision to the team. Directors general management orientation to seek to understand the P&L impact of their strategies and decisions, can effectively balance short-term and long-term goals, mentor the team, work sales, understanding technology trends, sales pipeline demands, and work with the organization to ensure proper skills training and hiring. Duties & Responsibilities
• Work closely with the sales team to deliver professional, strategic, and solutions-oriented proposals to our clients, including statement of work development, estimating and high-level solution development.
• Work in conjunction with our sales team on a range of pre-sales activities (customer facing and internal) to help drive and win new business.
• Design and architect complex large-scale Microsoft 365 migrations/transformations to meet the needs of the client.
• Demonstrate functional knowledge and technical expertise in the Microsoft 365 technologies, and Azure (IaaS and PaaS), on-premises migration environments
• Lead technical discussions with senior executives that drive decisions and implementation.
• Stay current with latest Office 365 and Azure features and technology offerings
• Work with our sales and marketing teams to develop sales strategies and campaigns to help grow sales for the practice.
• Provide mentoring and leadership to colleagues, sharing knowledge and experience through formal and informal knowledge management initiatives.
• Help recruit new team members. QualificationsRequirements
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science (or related field) and a minimum of 8 years of overall experience within information technology
• Deep and demonstrated understanding of the Office 365, including but not limited to:
• Exchange on-premise to Microsoft 365, Skype/Lync to Skype Online or Teams
• Azure AD, Active Directory & Active Directory Federation Services (ADFS)
• Enterprise Mobility +Security (i.e. Intune, Azure AD, ATP)
• OneDrive, Teams, Yammer, Skype for Business, Intune
• Experience developing secure Azure infrastructure solutions
• Prior consulting experience
• Prior engagement management and leadership experience Ability to travel both domestically and internationally