HITACHI RAIL is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Telecom Lead Commissioning Engineer who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Honolulu, HI. Who We Are
Hitachi Rail is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signalling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions. Accountabilities
Skills and Experience:
- Plan, execute, monitor and control Design, configuration, test and commissioning activities for the telecommunication system according to the overall program schedule.
- Interface with Customer and Managers on design and commissioning status
- Maintain an open action items list, issue list, status dashboards.
- Produce effective reporting for management
- Configure Radio Systems.
- Configure Networks and Fiber Optic Cabling Systems
- Perform site surveys on railroad property to lay out basic equipment.
- Commissioning, Optimization and testing of Radio, network and fibers.
- May serve as onsite main contact
- May serve as the site leader for communications
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Extensive working knowledge of Complex Networks design, both wired and wireless
- Extensive experience with network architecture design
- Working Knowledge of network design patterns, constraints and protocols (CCNP or equivalent certification required)
- Working knowledge of Switching and Routing protocols
- Working knowledge of wireless communications in demanding scenarios
- Working knowledge of Safety standards, rules and procedures
- Prior experience managing small-medium sized projects and project teams
- Excellent ability to use sophisticated test equipment including multi-meters, oscilloscopes and a spectrum analyzer.
- Working knowledge of Test and commissioning processes
- Skilled in handling electric, electronic, and mechanical drawings and schematics
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational skills
- Excellent written and oral communications skills and ability to communicate complex technical information
• Knowledge of telecommunications systems for the railway industry
• Electrical, Electronic, or Computer Engineering or Information Technology Qualifications/ University Degree
• From 2 to 5 years of Railway System Engineering expertise Education:
Bachelor's Degree, Associate Degree, or High school in technical area or Equivalent Technical background Languages:
English Proficiency Benefits:
Hitachi Rail employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Savings Plan, and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.Hitachi Rail-sts.com/en/careers
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We would be delighted if you would be one of our followers!
Have a glance at our LinkedIn page https://www.linkedin.com/company/hitachirailsts/