HIGH TECHNOLOGIES AMERICA, INC.
POSITION TITLE: Senior Purchasing Specialist
DEPARTMENT NAME: Supply Chain
REPORTING TO TITLE: Assistant Manager, Purchasing (Supply Chain)
Purchasing Specialist will be responsible for material planning and purchasing of semiconductor
equipment parts to support operations for Hitachi High Technologies America, Inc. This position
will interface with Japanese and domestic suppliers, external and internal
customers on current and emerging purchasing/supply chain issues and any other
duties/responsibilities assigned by managers.
The desired applicant must have minimum of 5 years of relevant purchasing
material planning experience. A
Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related field is required. The successful candidate must be
well-organized and have the ability to make complex and timely decisions as
part of supply chain team. Effective
communication and presentation skills, negotiation and problem solving skills
are required. Some
domestic/international travel is required.
Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (especially Excel) is necessary. Basic knowledge of SAP is required.
- Implement best purchasing practices throughout supply chain. Ensure
compliance to all policies, including but not limited to Supplier Management,
Contract Management, Business Conduct, etc.
- Perform and support supplier assessments and all other relevant
supplier management activities.
- Check and compare quotations for competitive pricing and perform
negotiations with suppliers.
- Prepare, execute, and manage relevant contracts and agreements for all
- Responsible for communicating with suppliers, processing orders, and
monitoring the purchasing activities.
- Create meaningful analysis in the daily operation activities for
- Prepare daily/weekly/monthly purchasing related reports.
- Educate internal and external customers in the utilization of
- Actively participate and lead team projects and activities in both a
tactical and strategic manner through the promotion of teamwork.
- Collaborate with the engineering team to research the supplier market
for suitable sources of materials/services to be ordered.
- Design, implement, and participate in all MRP (Material Requirement
- Review current purchasing method and give recommendations for process
- Work with managers to explain the impact of purchasing decisions and
- Identify problems and solve them with minimum supervisions.
- Demonstrate ownership in responsible areas.
- Communicate with local
and/or Japan’s technical support team to gain critical information needed for
- Be able to
support logistics needs such as preparing shipping documents, booking, and
- Be responsible to coordinate and manage purchasing activities in order
to achieve inventory optimization and cost reduction of spare parts.
- Attend meetings and perform other duties as directed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain or relevant discipline
- Equivalent combination of education and work experience.
EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, AND
- 5+ years of relevant experience in purchasing & material planning.
- Background in managing purchasing accounts and suppliers.
- Basic SAP knowledge or other MRP operations systems.
- Effective communication skills, verbally and in writing.
- Able to independently solve problems and follow-up in a timely manner.
- Able to collaborate with different departments and groups.
- Able to function independently as well as in a team setting.
- Able to conduct a presentation and convey purchasing/supply chain data
- Able to generate and analyze data.
- Willing to be cross-trained and development.
- Strong negotiation and analytical skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suites including Outlook, Excel, Word.
- Able to work with minimum supervision.
- Detail oriented, self-starter and good team player.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally up to 15%
- Semiconductor industry experience is a plus.
above job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and
level of work performed by employees with this classification. It is not designed to contain or be
interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and
qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities