Job ID: 44481
Date Posted: Nov 29, 2019
Segment: Others (Including Headquarters and R&D )
Business Unit: Hitachi Regional Headquarters
Company Name: Hitachi Europe Ltd.
Profession (Job Category): Sales
Job Type (Experience Level): Experienced
Job Schedule: Full-time
A Solution Owner creates product roadmap and defines the strategic vision for their solution. They have a deep understanding of the target market have close relationships with key Mobility BU stakeholders to ensure that the team’s effort is aligned with overall strategy. A Solution Owner manages dependencies with other areas of Hitachi while identifying, building and managing strategic partnership across customer set for the solution. They work closely within their team to ensure business value and customer feedback is translated into new developments when necessary. Solution owners will be accountable for specific business KPIs based on the performance of their solution and as reviewed by the Decision Panel.
· Set ambitious and clear solution vision and communicate it effectively to stakeholders, the team, and the rest of the unit.
· End to end team output strategy from inception to production.
· Own relationship with launch customer for MVP development.
· Collaboration with stakeholders to ensure digital vision and products align within team strategy and requirements.
· Accountable for product specific KPIs once solution enters commercialization and communicate regular tracking to stakeholders.
· Utilize market and industry knowledge to translate user needs into user stories and acceptance criteria for their team. Maintain a backlog 3 to 4 sprints ahead of the team.
· Works closely with Strategy / Ops Lead to monitor solution progress and proactively solve problems.
· Facilitates release planning with stakeholders as well as weekly updates on MVPs.
· Is a key role on Agile team(s) and works onsite with the team on a daily basis.
· Integrates usability studies and research into product requirements to enhance customer satisfaction.
· Proven knowledge of standard concepts, practices, and procedures within the relevant mobility sector and strong ties to SMEs in the Mobility BU.
· Strong collaborator with cross-functional teams from tech, design, and business
· Proven knowledge and understanding of broad sector trends and technology.
· Experience with B2B digital products.
· Understanding and knowledge of key Mobility BU customer relationships relevant for the particular BU / solution they are owning.
· Working experience as a Product Owner, strong understanding of agile working practices
· Strong solution- and customer-oriented mindset.
· Strong leader, collaborator, team player, and individual contributor.
· Strong communication skills with comfort in speaking with business stakeholders.
· Strong problem solver with ability to manage and lead the team to push the solution and progress.
· Passion to challenge the status quo and find new solutions and drive out of the box ideas – loves and embraces change.
· Believes in a non-hierarchical culture of collaboration, transparency, safety, and trust.
· Not afraid to “roll up the sleeves” and seeks to go outside comfort zone to learn – pushes teams to do the same.
· Empowers others to test, learn, and grow.
· Experimental mindset to drive innovation.
In addition to offering a market competitive salary and discretionary bonus scheme, Hitachi also provide an attractive benefits package, which is regularly reviewed, and offers a wide range of benefits that you can choose from, including:
Company Funded Benefits
Market competitive salary and discretionary bonus scheme
Generous holiday entitlement - with the option to buy up to an additional 8 days per year
A Holiday Banking scheme allowing you to bank untaken holiday to use another year
Group Personal Pension
Private Medical Insurance with self-funded option to cover family members
Employee Assistance Programme available to all employees
Personal Accident Insurance
Voluntary Benefits (funded by employee) including;
Cycle To Work scheme
Dental Insurance with option to include dependent children