Solution Tech Lead
The Solution Tech Lead owns the
architectural decisions for the team. The TL is an executor and the visionary
force behind the technical solution. The TL values simplicity and is unafraid
to challenge technical constraints and procedures to achieve an Agile design.
The TL works closely with all team members to create a modular, scalable
solution that addresses/incorporates future architectural changes and designs.
The TL will drive the teams engineering practices in test driven development,
continuous integration, and automated deployment. The TL is a hands-on team
member who actively coaches the team to solve complex problems.
- Designs the overall technological architecture
of the solution with the help of the team.
- Guides solution team on technology strategy related
to coding practices, continuous integration and automated deployment.
- Responsible for the technical design of the
- Mentors and coaches the technical team,
specifically with code reviews.
- Be hands on and engage in coding to help the
team to develop the solution and solve all surfacing problems at hand
Identifies and removes technical impediments.
- Works with Solution Owner to align the roadmap
with strengths and opportunities within the technical stack.
- Thought partners with the Solution owner on
acceptance criteria and communicate trade-offs effectively with Designers.
- Constantly looking for better ways of solving
technical problems and designing the solution, not afraid of challenging the
- Provides the team a roadmap for implementing
software engineering practices for higher code quality.
- Shares responsibility with Solution Owner for
building reusable and scalable components.
- Seen as an expert within the technical
components of the domains/products/journeys.
- Seasoned developer or technical lead with deep
insight into newest technologies and trends, Java/JVM, and nice to have
experience with functional programming (Scala).
- Can make architecture decisions at a team and
- Be able to code and architect back and front-end
solutions with multiple types or architecture.
- Familiar with production Cloud / DevOps
environments Domain Expertise.
- Experience in Agile Development, with specific
Solution Architect (or similar) experience preferred.
- Understands relationship with Solution Owner,
Scrum Master, Design Lead and rest of technical team.
- Experience managing technical priorities
- Strong communication skills with ability to
align the organization on complex technical decisions.
- Active coach and mentor whose goals are to grow
and maximize the team’s potential Individual Skills.
- High energy and passionate individual who
inspires teammates to reach their maximum potential.
- Excited about trying new solutions outside
- Embraces a culture of trust, free thought
- Willing to challenge status quo.
In addition to offering a market competitive salary and discretionary bonus scheme, Hitachi also provide an attractive benefits package, which is regularly reviewed, and offers a wide range of benefits that you can choose from, including:
Company Funded Benefits
Market competitive salary and discretionary bonus scheme
Generous holiday entitlement - with the option to buy up to an additional 8 days per year
A Holiday Banking scheme allowing you to bank untaken holiday to use another year
Group Personal Pension
Private Medical Insurance with self-funded option to cover family members
Employee Assistance Programme available to all employees
Personal Accident Insurance
Voluntary Benefits (funded by employee) including;
Hitachi Europe Ltd is a social innovation company with headquarters based in Maidenhead, England. The company’s European operations employ over 550 people to deliver services and solutions to customers in several key business areas. The company's portfolio includes digital media products, industrial components and equipment, European procurement and sourcing, research and design, information systems.
HEU is also responsible for managing a Shared Services Group that provides the Company's business units with a range of innovative and effective common services that deliver value, create ‘lean’ processes and support growth and development - including HR, IT, Legal, Finance & Accounting, Corporate Communications & Sustainability, and Business Development.