This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 44459
Date Posted: Jan 24, 2020
Segment: Others (Including Headquarters and R&D )
Business Unit: Hitachi Regional Headquarters
Company Name: Hitachi America, Ltd.
Profession (Job Category): R&D
Job Type (Experience Level): Internship
Job Schedule: Full-time
R&D Materials Intern
Company: Hitachi America, Ltd.
Location: Farmington Hills, MI
Status: Full-Time Internship
Term: For 6 months (Feb 2020 to July 2020)
Hours: 9am-6pm (with a one hour lunch break), Monday - Friday
Summary: Hitachi America, Ltd. (www.hitachi-america.us) is looking for a candidate pursuing their Master’s or PhD in Materials Science or Mechanical Engineering to join our Research & Development team as an Internship. The Research Intern will be involved in research for the Manufacturing Industry. The specific focus will be on projects related to industrial component development and manufacturing using cutting-edge technology, such as advanced welding, forming, machining and 3D printing. The intern will also periodically communicate with the supervisor to define the scope of the work and to document the research.
· Currently pursuing Masters or PhD in Materials or Mechanical Engineering is required.
· Knowledge of Al alloys, steels and high temperature alloys preferred.
· Prior experience on metal powder design, powder metallurgy for 3D printing purpose is required.
· Hands-on lab experience in experimental aspects including metallographic sample preparation, macro, microstructure analysis using optical and scanning electron microscope required.
· Mechanical property characterization using testing machine; Vickers hardness tester is required.
· Prior experience on metal additive manufacturing or 3D printing preferred.
· Good ability to plan and execute experiments; document, analyze and present data.
· Knowledge of CAD package (preferably SolidWorks) and simulation environment (such as ANSYS) will be beneficial.
· Good literature survey, technical writing & communication skills.
· Be able to work well with group members and demonstrate dedication to completing jobs on time.
EOE-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with DisabilitiesIf you need a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job at Hitachi, please send the nature of request and contact information to [email protected] Queries other than accommodation requests will not be responded to.