This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 44511
Date Posted: Mar 1, 2020
Segment: Smart Life
Business Unit: Hitachi Automotive
Company Name: Hitachi Automotive Systems Americas, Inc.
Profession (Job Category): Supply & Logistics
Job Type (Experience Level): Experienced
Job Schedule: Full-time
Throughout its’ history, Hitachi Automotive Systems Americas, Inc. has been synonymous with safety, quality, growth, and continuous improvement. Adhering to these core values has enabled us to succeed as a Tier 1 supplier of world-class products to the global automotive market. With five US locations and over 3,100 hard-working employees, we are dedicated to ensuring the expectations of our first-rate automotive customers are consistently exceeded.
Our recent expansion has afforded us an opportunity to seek for a Warehouse Supervisor for our C shift (Sunday through Thursday 10:50p.m. - 7:10 a.m.) at our Monroe, GA facility. You offer us your determination and work-ethic; we offer you very competitive pay and top-notch health benefits.
The Warehouse Supervisor manages the day-to-day activities of personnel in the performance of all basic warehousing, inventory, and logistics requirements. The Warehouse Supervisor also trains and directs warehouse associates in the movement of products and supplies through the warehouse department within specified productivity, cost, and quality standards.
Chief Duties and/or Responsibilities:
1. Plan, organize, and control all activities connected with the movement of materials into and out of Hitachi Automotive Systems. (HIAMS). Assign tasks to departmental associates considering individual knowledge and skill. Ensure quality and efficiency of department activities.
2. Administer inventory on the first-in/first-out basis, maintaining accurate inventory control records.
3. Maintain continuous cycle count operation to monitor the accuracy and efficiency of
inventory record system.
4. Conduct regular inspection of department area and equipment to ensure safety. Arrange for proper maintenance as required.
5. Train department associates in the duties of their jobs and the correct operation of equipment. Provide periodic refresher training when necessary.
6. Lead associates through conflict resolution processes and assist in mediating associate conflicts. Resolve grievances and handle disciplinary situations as appropriate.
7. Interfaces with other departments to ensure timely and accurate receipt of products and to resolve discrepancies. Facilitate and coordinate external support as needed by the team.
8. Coordinate with management to ensure decisions and actions of the department and the organization comply with established standards, policies and procedures.
9. Motivates and develops subordinates to optimize performance and their personal and professional growth.
10. Assist management in the completion of the yearly objectives and goals for the Warehouse.
Qualified Candidates will possess the following:
1. Associate’s Degree preferred. High School Diploma or equivalent required with 5 years warehouse experience.
2. Ability to organize and prioritize work.
3. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
4. 2 years previous supervisory experience preferred in a warehouse/manufacturing environment.
5. Must be able to lift 40 pounds frequently.
6. Must be able to safely drive a forklift.
7. Must be proficient in MSWord and Excel.
Responsible for the direction and supervision of employees.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk. The employee occasionally is required to stand; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear.
The performance of this position requires exposure to the manufacturing areas where certain areas require the use of personal protective equipment.
Since we only hire the best and want to maintain a safe and pleasant work environment for all, final candidates are subject to drug screen and background checks. Hitachi is an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V).