The Finance Business Partner (FBP) DACH position is a key position within the HMSE Finance Team to represent and provide support and analyse for HMSE DACH. The FBP has a directive role with regard to the Planning & Control cycle in the respective HMSE country organisation. The FBP acts as business partner to the relevant HMSE country with the Sales Country Leader (SCL) as the main customer.
Our German headquarters are in Frankfurt however we will consider candidates from the areas of Bielefeld, Bremen, Hannover, Müfcnster and Dortmund.
Role & responsibilities
Planning & Control
- Independently manage, analyse and (timely) report on the full Planning and Control Cycle including annual budget, forecast and monthly period end close. The latter in close collaboration with the Financial Shared Service Centre in Krakow (FSSC) which manages and performs the month-end close processes
- Ultimate accountability for the monthly financial statements of HMSE country organizations / organizational reporting units
- Assess and ensure compliance with revenue recognition policies
- Coordinate management representation letter with the SCL and European Headquarters (EHQ)
- Proactively and independently monitor and analyse monthly operating result (revenue, gross profit/gross margin and SG&A) against budget and forecast, leading to identification of risks and opportunities resulting into necessary action plans
- Prepare, attend and present the monthly business reviews of the local management with the European HQ (EHQ)
- Perform end-customer pricing and margin (profitability) analyses
- Perform project analyses and control on MRCT project & large US projects (tenders and high-volume customer offers). Project control includes ex-ante and ex-post profitability analyses.
- Independently manage financial and business process re-engineering projects
- Act as finance business partner in (multi-disciplinary) projects
Working Capital Management
- Perform inventory control in collaboration with the local organization (SCL and Logistic Coordinator)
- Participate in monthly inventory reviews with EHQ
- Coordinate follow-up on Days Sales Outstanding (DSO) and Customer Overdue escalations instigated by the FSSC
Statutory Reporting including Audit
- Coordinate statutory reporting (temporary responsibility pending the transition to the FSSC)
- Coordinate corporate income tax process (temporary responsibility pending the transition to the FSSC)
- Support internal, self and external audit (s) and inventory / fixed assets counting process
- Coordinate statutory board of directors\u2019 obligations
- Maintain local delegations of authorities (DoA)
- Coordinate local legal claims and issues with local organization and EHQ
- Support SCL and EHQ on among others lease arrangements and Managed Equipment Service (MES) solutions
- Prepare sales commission calculations and communicate towards local organization and the FSSC
- Ability to represent and replace the SCL during absence
- Compliance: Adhere to Hitachi and COCIR codes as well as a focus on compliant collaborations with Healthcare professionals (HCP).
- Quality Management: Ensure execution of HMSE and country specific business processes in line with internal expectations as well as ISO 9001 and ISO 13485 regulations.
- Master\u2019s degree in management accounting, preferably CIMA qualified or equivalent
- > 5 years\u2019 experience in management accounting
- Solid base in financial accounting including IFRS, local accounting standards (HGB) and corporation tax law.
- Preferably SAP FICO, SAP BI and SAP BPC or similar knowledge
- Fluent in German and English
- Strong analytical and project management skills
- Able to take ownership and drive the necessary business result
- Excellent communication skills, personal initiative and experience in working as part of a global organisation
- Ability to communicate at different organisational levels, both in writing and verbally
- High level of integrity and ethics, with an open approach
- Highly motivated and can work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Able to balance between content and bigger picture
- Pragmatic, pro-active, flexible and hands on
- Willingness to travel (appr. 10-15%)
To apply, email resume to: email@example.com.