Hitachi Vantara, a wholly owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd are a global $4bn data services firm with a portfolio spanning Hardware, Storage, Big Data, Analytics, Machine Learning, Cloud and IoT. We combine technology, intellectual property and industry knowledge to deliver data-managing solutions that help enterprises improve their customers' experiences, develop new revenue streams, and lower the costs of business.
Working in a global team environment, the Senior Microsoft Engineer is responsible for the analysis and implementation of endpoint related technologies. The Engineer will be responsible for providing technical leadership and/or support in the creation and delivery of technology solutions designed to meet business needs.
Typical responsibilities for this position include design and implementation of Microsoft Configuration Manager, PowerBroker, Flexera solutions, Admin Studio, Intune, Office 365, and policy management in Active Directory 2008/2012. As a trusted advisor, the Engineer will create and maintain effective relationships to ensure customer satisfaction. The highly motivated individual will maintain their knowledge of technologies and industry/market domain knowledge. The Engineer will provide team support for complex projects/programs that include business and technical solutions. Throughout the engagement process the Engineer will be responsible for planning, design, implementation and support to ensure the information technology (IT) solutions strategy is aligned with business strategy
- Technology and business enablement advocate advising the best practice methods in how to utilize IT to drive competitive advantage.
- Hands-on design and implementation of Configuration Manager, Flexera Admin Studio, Intune, Office 365, Windows Server 2008/2012/2016, Azure and Active Directory.
- Provide expert guidance to business units, driving solution adoption, and ensuring solution strategy is optimally aligned with business strategy.
- Ability to develop detailed project plans, work breakdown structures and operational readiness materials
- Ability to develop Application Specification deliverables that map business requirements to solution / technologies.
- Able to independently complete solution implementation or application design deliverables.
- Able to learn quickly and keep pace with the rapid changes in the IT industry particularly in cloud and mobility.
- Mentor others and assist them with their professional development.
- Required Qualifications
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience within a large organization (-3000 users) implementing complex IT solutions
- Microsoft technologies
- Experience designing and implementing endpoint management solutions, such as those listed in Roles and Responsibilities.
- Understanding of OS imaging technologies
- Understanding of application packaging and delivery
- Knowledge of reporting tools and demonstrated use of both TSQL and PowerBI
- Familiar with basic network protocols and troubleshooting
- Excellent communication and verbal skills as well as business acumen
- Excellent problem-solving skills required.
- Some scripting experience (Visual Basic, PowerShell) preferred
- Advanced knowledge in the following technology areas
- Core infrastructure, virtualization and systems
- Cloud solutions (Public, Private, Hybrid)
- Network and security
Great careers start with innovation and here at Hitachi Vantara, our promise is to deliver insights that power smarter businesses and inspire social innovation solutions for a healthier, safer future. The key to our innovation is our people -- our culture values respect, diversity, and collaboration. Join our Hitachi family and together, let's lead the way to extraordinary!