Hitachi Vantara, a wholly owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd are a global $4bn data services firm with a portfolio spanning Hardware, Storage, Big Data, Analytics, Machine Learning, Cloud and IoT. We combine technology, intellectual property and industry knowledge to deliver data-managing solutions that help enterprises improve their customers' experiences, develop new revenue streams, and lower the costs of business.The Role
Working in a global team environment, the Global Desktop Operations Engineer is responsible for the analysis and implementation of endpoint and security related technologies. The Engineer will be responsible for providing technical leadership and/or support in the creation and delivery of technology solutions designed to meet business needs. Essential for the position is also maintaining expert knowledge of used technologies, industry/market domain knowledge and keep pace with the rapid changes in the IT industry particularly in cloud and mobility.
Typical responsibilities for this position include design and implementation services and solutions based on (among others): Microsoft Configuration Manager, PowerBroker, Flexera solutions, Admin Studio, Intune, or Office 365. As a trusted advisor, the Engineer will create and maintain effective relationships to ensure customer satisfaction and provide team support for complex projects/programs that include business and technical solutions. Throughout the engagement process the Engineer will be responsible for planning, design, implementation and support to ensure the information technology (IT) solutions strategy is aligned with business strategyResponsibilities
- Technology and business enablement advocate advising the best practice methods in how to utilize IT to drive competitive advantage and providing expert guidance to business units, driving solution adoption, and ensuring solution strategy is optimally aligned with business strategy.
- Hands-on design and implementation of Microsoft Configuration Manager, PowerBroker, Flexera solutions, Admin Studio, Intune, PowerBI, Office 365, Windows Server 2008/2012/2016, Azure and Active Directory.
- Develop and design application specs deliverables that map business requirements to solutions and technologies.
- Develop and independently deliver detailed project plans, work breakdown structures and operational readiness materials, including solution implementation.
- Assist with endpoint hardening projects, by managing 1st and 3rd party patching processes, using IT Security scanning tools, such as Qualys and Carbon Black Defense.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience within a large organization (-3000 users) implementing complex IT solutions
- Microsoft technologies
- Experience designing and implementing endpoint management solutions, such as those listed in Roles and Responsibilities.
- Understanding of OS imaging technologies
- Understanding of application packaging and delivery
- Knowledge of reporting tools and demonstrated use of both TSQL and PowerBI
- Familiar with basic network protocols and troubleshooting
- Excellent communication and verbal skills as well as business acumen
- Excellent problem-solving skills required.
- Scripting experience (Visual Basic, PowerShell) preferred
- Advanced knowledge in the following technology areas: core infrastructure, virtualization and systems; Cloud solutions (Public, Private, Hybrid); network and security.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.