Hitachi Vantara, a wholly owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd are a global $4bn data services firm with a portfolio spanning Hardware, Storage, Big Data, Analytics, Machine Learning, Cloud and IoT. We combine technology, intellectual property and industry knowledge to deliver data-managing solutions that help enterprises improve their customers' experiences, develop new revenue streams, and lower the costs of business.
Working in a global team environment, the Security Vulnerability Engineer is responsible for the analysis and implementation of security related technologies on our endpoints. The Engineer will be responsible for providing technical leadership and/or support in the creation and delivery of technology solutions designed to meet business needs. Typical responsibilities for this position include Microsoft Configuration Manager, Jamf Pro, PowerBI, Intune, Office 365, and Windows policy management. As a trusted advisor the individual will maintain their knowledge of technologies and industry/market domain knowledge. The Engineer will provide team support for complex projects/programs that include business and technical solutions. Throughout the engagement process the Engineer will be responsible for planning, design, implementation and support to ensure the information technology (IT) solutions strategy is aligned with business strategy
- Technology and business enablement advocate advising the best practice methods in how to utilize IT to drive competitive advantage.
- Hands-on with the following technologies from a security perspective, Microsoft Configuration Manager, Intune, JAMF Pro, Office 365, Windows Server 2008/2012/2016, Azure and Active Directory.
- Manage 1st and 3rd party patching.
- Usage of IT Security scanning tools, such as Qualys and Carbon Black Defense
- Assistance with endpoint hardening project.
- Assistance with reports and dashboards.
- Provide expert guidance to business units, driving solution adoption, and ensuring solution strategy is optimally aligned with business strategy.
- Ability to develop detailed project plans, work breakdown structures and operational readiness materials
- Ability to develop Application Specification deliverables that map business requirements to solution / technologies.
- Able to independently complete solution implementation or application design deliverables.
- Able to learn quickly and keep pace with the rapid changes in the IT industry particularly in cloud and mobility.
- Relevant experience within a large organization (-3000 users) implementing complex IT solutions
- 2+ years in a specialist technical leadership role.
- Experience designing and implementing endpoint management and security solutions, such as those listed in Roles and Responsibilities.
- Knowledge of 1st and 3rd party patching of endpoints.
- Understanding privileged access and related tools.
- Knowledge of IT Security tools such as Qualys and Carbon Black Defense
- Familiar with basic network protocols and troubleshooting
- Excellent communication and verbal skills as well as business acumen
- Excellent problem-solving skills required.
- SQL reporting, or PowerBI would be an advantage.
- Core infrastructure, virtualization and systems
- Cloud solutions (Public, Private, Hybrid)
- Network and security
- Microsoft technologies
Great careers start with innovation and here at Hitachi Vantara, our promise is to deliver insights that power smarter businesses and inspire social innovation solutions for a healthier, safer future. The key to our innovation is our people -- our culture values respect, diversity, and collaboration. Join our Hitachi family and together, let's lead the way to extraordinary!