Hitachi Vantara, a wholly owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd are a global $4bn data services firm with a portfolio spanning Hardware, Storage, Big Data, Analytics, Machine Learning, Cloud and IoT. We combine technology, intellectual property and industry knowledge to deliver data-managing solutions that help enterprises improve their customers' experiences, develop new revenue streams, and lower the costs of business.
Working in a global team environment as a member of the Hitachi Vantara Desktop Engineering team, this position is responsible for assisting with support escalations from IT employees and the Hitachi Vantara user community for Macintosh workstations and mobile devices. Additionally, this role will assist with ongoing maintenance of the JAMF and Intune infrastructures and act as backup for the Sr. Macintosh and Mobility Engineers. This position will also assist with the development and deployment of applications and solutions for Hitachi Vantara Mac workstations worldwide.
The ideal candidate will have advanced troubleshooting knowledge of both Mac OS and iOS and will be expected to learn and embrace new technologies. You will have a desire to collaborate between teammates and other departments within and outside of IT.
Provide professional Tier 2 and Tier 3 technical support and troubleshooting via chat, email, Yammer, and telephone to employees and technicians
- Assist the Service Desk and Desktop Operations with troubleshooting of Macintosh workstations
- Perform backup support for the JAMF administrator on JPS/Mac management related activities
- Help build and maintain software deployment packages and configuration scripts using Bash, Z Shell, AppleScript, and Python
- Assist with OS desktop management including patch management and application deployments
- Assist with maintenance of corporate Macintosh rollout process
- Assist with creation/maintenance of management policies
- Assist with ongoing maintenance of Mac Management infrastructure
- Clear and current experience troubleshooting and supporting Mac/iOS/mobile devices in a business or education environment
- Familiar with basic network protocols and troubleshooting
- Knowledge of Mac OS and iOS
- Office 365 experience, including Skype for Business and Microsoft Teams is preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working in a team-oriented, global, collaborative environment
- Some scripting experience (bash, shell, Python, AppleScript, PowerShell) preferred
- Experience with packaging, patching and deployment of applications is a plus
- Experience managing Apple devices with Jamf Pro or similar management tool is a plus
- Experience with a Mobile Device Management (MDM) with an emphasis specifically on Intune, is a plus
- Certified Jamf Technician (Jamf 200) and/or Certified Jamf Admin (Jamf 300) are a plus
Great careers start with innovation and here at Hitachi Vantara, our promise is to deliver insights that power smarter businesses and inspire social innovation solutions for a healthier, safer future. The key to our innovation is our people -- our culture values respect, diversity, and collaboration. Join our Hitachi family and together, let's lead the way to extraordinary!