Hitachi Vantara, a wholly owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd are a global $4bn data services firm with a portfolio spanning Hardware, Storage, Big Data, Analytics, Machine Learning, Cloud and IoT. We combine technology, intellectual property and industry knowledge to deliver data-managing solutions that help enterprises improve their customers' experiences, develop new revenue streams, and lower the costs of business.
The Manager of Hitachi Vantara's EMEA Desktop Operations team is responsible for the delivery of end user support within the Hitachi Vantara EMEA region. The manager is the primary customer face to Hitachi Vantara internal IT customers and is responsible for consistent service level agreement achievement by the team which consists of 11 support engineers located in 6 different countries supporting approximately 3,000 users. Additionally, the manager is also responsible for service delivery to newly acquired other Hitachi IT shared service customers in the region. This role will also oversee the IT end-point asset management processes in the region which includes computer procurement, inventorying, order fulfilment, and asset reclaim.
- Responsible for the team's achievement on service level agreements (SLAs) for incidents and requests received from its IT customer base
- Provides strong ITIL guidance to ensure processes meet business objectives and are executed at the highest quality level
- Responds to and / or handles escalations received from management or end users in the region
- Aligns global IT policy to region and serves as key point of contact in region for global IT policy matters
- Oversees the region's end-point Asset Management process
- Manages a staff of 11 experienced direct reports
- Travels to various locations in region and globally (about 20% of time)
- Skills and Leadership Capabilities
- Builds the service capabilities of the team by leading the shift from an internal-centric focus to a commercial "market-in" one that seeks to challenge the status-quo and become even more customer-centric
- Models and cultivates the strongest customer service skills to build rapport with end users and business leaders alike
- Effectively communicates and presents technology strategies and standards to varied lines of the business
- Collaborates and maintains matrixed relationships across a complex global team
- Recruits, develops and retains a high performing team and coaches individuals to reach their maximum potential
- Empowers team to embrace change, think creatively, and take calculated risks to overcome obstacles
- 10+ years of IT people management experience
- 5+ years of experience with IT service management discipline
- 2+ years of experience with ServiceNow ITIL modules
- English language fluent (conversational and written)
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or related IT discipline
Great careers start with innovation and here at Hitachi Vantara, our promise is to deliver insights that power smarter businesses and inspire social innovation solutions for a healthier, safer future. The key to our innovation is our people -- our culture values respect, diversity, and collaboration. Join our Hitachi family and together, let's lead the way to extraordinary!