This job posting is no longer active.
Windsor and Maidenhead,
Job ID: 44521
Date Posted: Feb 17, 2020
Segment: Others (Including Headquarters and R&D )
Business Unit: Hitachi Regional Headquarters
Company Name: Hitachi Europe Ltd.
Profession (Job Category): Legal
Job Type (Experience Level): Experienced
Job Schedule: Full-time
Hitachi Europe Ltd. is looking to recruit a UK qualified Commercial Lawyer (up to 5 years PQE*) to be based at Hitachi’s European Regional Headquarters in Maidenhead, on a permanent basis.
The Commercial lawyer will be responsible for providing legal advice to Hitachi Europe Ltd and the wider Hitachi Group, both in the UK and elsewhere.
The ideal candidate will have a high level of education and have trained at a well-established law firm. They will have a broad company/commercial/compliance background.
Mains tasks and responsibilities
Provision of legal and compliance advice and support
· Draft, review, negotiate and manage a wide range of legal documents, including: manufacturing agreements, distribution agreements, software licence and maintenance agreements, framework agreements and supply chain agreements.
· Work cross functionally with other corporate support functions.
· Support the continuous improvement of legal processes to ensure legal objectives are met
· Instruct and manage external legal advisors as required ensuring cost-effective, timely support.
· Provide advice and support on regulatory compliance including anti-corruption, competition law and data protection matters.
· Ensure the provision of training to the company on legal and compliance matters as appropriate.
Key skills and experience
· A current practising certificate issued by the Solicitors Regulation Authority.
· Exceptional oral and written communication skills, including persuasion, consulting and counselling skills, and the ability to clearly explain complex issues and concepts to non-lawyers.
· An open and persuasive personality with presence and natural authority.
· Excellent business judgement, strategic thinking and ability.
· The ability to analyse complex business, technical and legal situations and develop and implement recommendations that meet the business, technical and legal needs of the company.
· Excellent negotiation skills, with the ability to diplomatically and effectively resolve issues.
The successful candidate will be required to travel within the UK and overseas from time to time.
*PQE is for guidance only. Candidates with more or less PQE will be considered on merit.
In addition to offering a market competitive salary and discretionary bonus scheme, Hitachi also provide an attractive benefits package, which is regularly reviewed, and offers a wide range of benefits that you can choose from, including:
Company Funded Benefits
Market competitive salary and discretionary bonus scheme
Generous holiday entitlement - with the option to buy up to an additional 8 days per year
A Holiday Banking scheme allowing you to bank untaken holiday to use another year
Group Personal Pension
Private Medical Insurance with self-funded option to cover family members
Employee Assistance Programme available to all employees
Personal Accident Insurance
Voluntary Benefits (funded by employee) including;
Cycle To Work scheme
Dental Insurance with option to include dependent children