Hitachi Vantara, a wholly owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., helps data-driven leaders use the value in their data to innovate intelligently and reach outcomes that matter for business and society - what we call a double bottom line. Only Hitachi Vantara combines 100+ years of experience in operational technology (OT) and 60+ years in IT to unlock the power of data from your business, your people and your machines. We help enterprises store, enrich, activate and monetize data for better customer experiences, new revenue streams and lower business costs.The Role
We are seeking a dynamic and energetic individual with technology and financial management background for the Technology Business Management Analyst (TBMA) position. The position is designed to position executives with the knowledge to manage and communicate the cost, quality, and value of IT Services. The ideal candidate will possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy; a big-picture vision and the drive to make that vision a reality. This role involves close collaboration with IT and Finance professionals at all levels within the organization. If you are a self-starter who is hard working and detail oriented with great analytical skills and can effectively identify opportunities, then this is the role for you!Responsibilities
- Import, transform, and rationalize data from systems of record such as General Ledger, Fixed Assets, ServiceNow, MS Project Online, Asset Manager, etc.
- Operationalize data monthly by loading, validating, and reviewing on timely basis while normalizing data where and when needed.
- Conduct data quality reviews and work with source data owners and identify opportunities to clean data, improve data structures, or improve data management policies and procedures.
- Build and maintain transforms, tables and models within Apptio while supporting, managing, and maintain models and reports.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the underlying data, where it comes from, and the ability to reconcile and check data quality, including financial and consumption records.
- Present information and reports to data owners and technology partners for data quality improvement and data load automation.
- Support the gathering of functional and business requirements and efforts in translating that information into a working set of operational and financial models, dashboards, and management reports.
- Perform exploratory data analysis to gain a deeper understanding of the financial data while providing insights and identifying cost savings opportunities.
- Work efficiently and effectively with multiple levels of management and staff across the organization.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, Technology, or Data Analytics related fields is preferred.
- 5+ years' experience with data modeling, business analytics, cost accounting and finance concepts for a technology firm or large organization with a complex technology infrastructure.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills for financial modeling and analysis.
- Strong to expert level skills and experience in formulaic logic such as MS Excel if statements, vlookup, pivot tables, macros, etc.
- Knowledge and application of relational database concepts.
- Previous experience working with scripting, report building, etc.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Understanding of ITIL or Service Management concepts and practices including IT infrastructure domains including data centers, network/ communications, server utilization, virtual environments, storage, and application development.
- Knowledge of IT services and financial management processes and best practices such as budgeting, cost allocations, capital - operating expense handling, program portfolio management, application/infrastructure support, and cost accounting.
- Ability to work with distributed teams in a collaborative and productive manner.
- Experience with Excel, Apptio, ServiceNow, Oracle, MS Project Online, and SCCM a plus.
- Excellent listening and communication skills, ability to deliver clear well-organized presentations and written correspondence.
- Apptio Recognized Technology Business Management (RTBMA) or Elite Technology Business Management (ETBMA) certification preferred.
- Self-driven and motivated with the desire to work in a fast-paced, results-driven agile environment with varied responsibilities.
- Must want a career-oriented environment that is both fun and professional.
- Flexibility in terms of the working hours (up to 3 hours per day overlap with the US time)
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.