Hitachi Vantara, a wholly owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., helps data-driven leaders use the value in their data to innovate intelligently and reach outcomes that matter for business and society - what we call a double bottom line. Only Hitachi Vantara combines 100+ years of experience in operational technology (OT) and 60+ years in IT to unlock the power of data from your business, your people and your machines. We help enterprises store, enrich, activate and monetize data for better customer experiences, new revenue streams and lower business costs The Role
Configuration Specialists within the Deal Operations team provide internal support to external Field Sales - Pre-Sales teams delivering configuration and pricing support for solutions offered to Customers, direct or indirect, and T1/T2 Partner businesses in EMEA. They maintain an expert level knowledge of Hitachi Vantara solutions and technical configuration requirements together with an understanding of market prices and competitive pricing strategies. They work closely with Field Sales and Sales Operations to achieve responsiveness and accuracy in accordance with Customer requirements and agreed SLA's. You will work closely with Sales, Pre-Sales and other stakeholders in your daily routine, while being part of a direct team of 37 other people across 8 locations throughout EMEA.Responsibilities
- Build and optimize solutions in the Hitachi Vantara quoting system while meeting defined Service Level Agreements.
- Maintain detailed knowledge of Hitachi Vantara solutions, product components and configuration requirements and a competitive awareness of market developments.
- Assist with the early adoption of new product technologies by including solution components within configurations whenever applicable.
- Communicate performance characteristics of configuration to field sales.
- Work with field sales personnel to proactively identify issues, develop recommendations and implement solutions to increase field sales productivity.
- Proactively communicate with field sales districts to uncover changing business needs, opportunities or issues of concern.
- First port of call for pricing of Quote Requests from the Field.
- Responsible for pricing approvals within approval and authority guidelines.
- Provides recommendations for competitive configuration and pricing strategies.
- Maintains expert level knowledge of IT / Storage market conditions and competitive pricing strategies.
- Ensure all Hitachi Vantara product technologies (e.g. HDD types) are considered to ensure optimum profitability for each opportunity and successful win.
- Provides input to RFQ responses with regards to pricing and product modeling for large opportunities.
- Proactively communicate with other Deal Operations team members to uncover changes in requirements.
- Maintain a close working relationship with 37 team members and other EMEA HQ, Field Sales and Finance colleagues.
- Advise Deal Operations Manager on specific resource requirements and personnel issues that affect ability to support field sales activity
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field desirable but not essential.
- Prior experience directly related to configuring and pricing IT data center systems and data storage solutions will be an advantage.
- Background in supporting Field Sales personnel desired.
- Prior knowledge of Data Centre IT market desirable but not essential.
- Understanding of basic US GAAP revenue recognition accounting standards desirable.
- Ability to effectively communicate and share information with peers and all levels of the organization.
- Self-motivator who demonstrates drive and initiative.
- Language: Local language based on job location is preferred. Business proficiency in English is required. Third language appreciated as the role covers geographical region EMEA.
- Detail oriented
- Technically minded
- Financially focused
- Continuous learner
- Courageous and decisive
- Dynamic and committed
- High level of integrity and ethics
- Problem solver
- Logical thinker
- Customer focused - internal and external
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.