Hitachi Vantara, a wholly owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., helps data-driven leaders use the value in their data to innovate intelligently and reach outcomes that matter for business and society - what we call a double bottom line. Only Hitachi Vantara combines 100+ years of experience in operational technology (OT) and 60+ years in IT to unlock the power of data from your business, your people and your machines. We help enterprises store, enrich, activate and monetize data for better customer experiences, new revenue streams and lower business costs.The Role
As Manager, ITSM, Service Desk and IT Business Operations
you will be responsible for leading a team of Service Desk, ITSM and IT Business Operations professionals who are part of Global Teams. You will have Resource - Functional Management responsibilities for Service Desk Operations and IT Service Management (ITSM); you will also have Resource Management responsibilities for IT Business Operations roles. The position will be based in Krakow, Poland. You and your team will provide leadership, guidance and operational improvement for the company in ITSM processes, Service Desk in a follow the sun model, and IT Business Operations roles.
As a key leader of the Hitachi Vantara IT organization, you will be responsible for driving consistency and continuous improvement in IT services, champion a user-centric and process improvement organization culture. Your team members will be part of 3 Global teams across the Hitachi Vantara Organization. You will work with other leaders in Hitachi Vantara to deliver ITSM services, identify and drive Operational Excellence initiatives to deliver IT changes with excellence, reduce Incidents and MTTR, and drive efficiency while implementing automation throughout our processes. Your team will provide Service Desk Services from Krakow as part of a Global, follow the Sun Service Desk team. You will also have responsibility for IT business operations roles.
This is a high-visibility leadership role reporting to the Director, Global IT Service Desk, IT Service Management and IT Desktop Operations with a high level of interaction with leaders of the Technology Operations and Business Management organization. Responsibilities
- Lead a team that is focused on the development, implementation and continual improvement of service management policies and processes covering such areas as Change, Incident, Problem, Asset, Request and Knowledge Management.
- Provide Leadership, guidance and career growth for a staff of 10-12 Krakow based employees and potentially 2-3 employees in US, performing ITSM, Service Desk and IT Business Operations/Procurement roles across the organization.
- Develop the policies, processes, tools, communications, training, and knowledge systems required to meet IT service excellence objectives.
- Establish/update standards of performance, training and development programs, continuous improvement, and other practices that assure a strong and efficient IT service capability with a user experience focus.
- Assist with setting strategic direction for standardized global processes and process improvement across our environment, Service Desk and IT Business Operations services.
- Lead IT critical incidents including follow the sun 24x7 response and resolution for business impacting IT incidents which occur during your workday.
- Interface directly with the leaders of the IT team to represent the processes, identify and implement process improvements, provide operational reviews, and improve the implementation and delivery and cost effectiveness of services.
- Lead the identification and implementation of operational excellence items which improve consistent delivery of services, reduce tickets and MTTR, and automate workload, both by improving processes and process compliance, and through executing changes in ServiceNow that enhance and make the services more efficient/effective.
- Lead a continuous improvement mindset within global IT and measure with operational metrics and KPIs.
To be successful in this role, you will need the following prior experience and skills:
- Minimum 10 years technical support experience and ITSM Process Leadership experience with at least 5 years in a management capacity.
- Demonstrated people leadership and people growth experience
- A broad knowledge of IT application, network and infrastructure technologies
- Strong executive customer communication and influencing skills, with the ability to communicate new concepts effectively and drive change in process and behaviors.
- Solid experience working with a global team focused on delivering IT services.
- Experience working to deliver services from a global delivery model leveraging onshore and offshore IT resources.
- Experience driving process change and improvement.
- Process Improvement experience across organizations.
- Demonstrated experience leading large-scale change initiatives with enterprise level impact including programs with extensive cross-functional technology team involvement.
- Extensive experience working with ServiceNow and identifying improvements in ServiceNow that improve the services.
- Proven success in leadership demonstrated by the ability to build, develop and high performing and highly effective teams.
- Process leadership in a global organization for ITSM processes.
- Strong Project Management background.
- Ability to be a company-wide change-agent that influences strategic actions and mindset changes.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills. Must be able to develop compelling business presentations and communicate technical topics to a business audience.
- A continuous improvement mindset with demonstrated ability to drive programs that reduce cost, increase agility and have measurable key performance indicators and metrics.
- Strong people leadership capabilities including motivating and connecting a global team, guiding and coaching team leaders, and ensuring accountability for commitments that are made.
- A customer service mindset with focus on developing and improving technology services and operations that are driven by customer needs and requirements.
The educational requirements for this role are:
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering, business or IT discipline.
- ITIL v3/v4 Certification
This role is to support Hitachi Vantara globally, so might require flexibility in terms of working hours.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.