Hitachi Vantara, a wholly owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., helps data-driven leaders use the value in their data to innovate intelligently and reach outcomes that matter for business and society - what we call a double bottom line. Only Hitachi Vantara combines 100+ years of experience in operational technology (OT) and 60+ years in IT to unlock the power of data from your business, your people and your machines. We help enterprises store, enrich, activate and monetize data for better customer experiences, new revenue streams and lower business costs The Role
Working in a global team environment, the Global Manager of Desktop Engineering will be responsible managing a team charged with the analysis, design, and implementation of endpoint related technologies. The Manager will be responsible for providing technical leadership and/or support in the creation and delivery of technology solutions designed to meet business needs. Typical responsibilities for this position include design and implementation, and sustaining support of: Configuration Manager, Casper JSS, PowerBroker, Admin Studio, Intune, Office 365, Skype for Business, Active Directory 2008/2012 and Exchange Online. As a trusted advisor, the Manager will create and maintain effective relationships to ensure customer satisfaction. The highly motivated individual will maintain knowledge of leading-edge technologies and industry/market domain knowledge. The manager will provide team support for complex projects/programs that include business and technical solutions.Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the overall team's success and achievement while providing expert guidance to business units, driving solution architecture, and ensuring solution strategy is optimally aligned with business strategy.
- Drive team in the development detailed project plans, work breakdown structures and operational readiness materials
- Drive team to complete solution implementation or application design deliverables.
- Recruits, develops and retains a high performing team and coaches individuals to reach their maximum potential
- Builds the service capabilities of the team by leading the shift from an internal-centric focus to a commercial "market-in" one that seeks to challenge the status-quo and become even more customer-centric
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant experience. 5+ years of experience in a Systems Integrator or within a large organization (-5000 users) implementing complex IT solutions
- 4+ years in a technical leadership role.
- Experience designing and implementing endpoint management solutions, such as those listed in Roles and Responsibilities.
- Advanced knowledge in the following technology areas
- Core infrastructure, virtualization and systems
- Cloud solutions (Public, Private, Hybrid)
- Network and security
- Information management
- Unified Communications
- Identity management
- Excellent communication and verbal skills as well as business acumen
- Excellent problem-solving skills required.
- English language fluent (conversational and written)
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or related IT discipline
As this is a global role, it will require up to 2 hours per day overlap with US Mountain time. Travel to US may be required during knowledge transfer period
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.