Hitachi Vantara, a wholly owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., helps data-driven leaders use the value in their data to innovate intelligently and reach outcomes that matter for business and society - what we call a double bottom line. Only Hitachi Vantara combines 100+ years of experience in operational technology (OT) and 60+ years in IT to unlock the power of data from your business, your people and your machines. We help enterprises store, enrich, activate and monetize data for better customer experiences, new revenue streams and lower business costsThe Role
We are seeking a Network - Telecom Support Engineer to provide day to day operational and project support as part of our Shared Services Initiative. This resource will be a jack of all trades working on routing, switching, traditional telephony and unified communications voice.Responsibilities
- Monitor, operate, and maintain LAN, WAN, Remote Access, Firewall and Proxy as well as the telephony systems globally
- Monitor the global network environment for security risks and takes appropriate action to mitigate them
- Operational duties for both network and telecom:
- Perform daily Enterprise wide system health/status checks for both network and telecom
- Proactively troubleshoot, test and coordinate equipment and system repair as required
- Troubleshoot and resolve incidents
- Perform Change Requests
- Fulfill Service Requests
- Update and ensure tickets are current and meet SLAs
- Project support duties:
- Complete project templates, deploy simple configurations and assist with other project related work.
- Ensure transition of equipment and processes to Operations upon project completion.
- Update Service Desk on new installs procedures as needed.
- Participates in the procurement, implementation, configuration, and testing of equipment.
- Store, manage and track global operational SOP and service documentation; ensure versions are current and correct
- Participate in root cause analysis of outages and other Problem Management processes
- Participates in an on-call rotation for Operational escalations. Responds to automated and customer generated alerts per SLA
- Provide weekly status reports on completed work/progress
- Associate Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or other technical field; Bachelor's degree preferred
- Fluency in English (both written and spoken)
- Requires 3+ years of technical experience in the fields of systems integration and networking
- Requires 3+ years of Document Control
- Vendor experience with: Avaya, Nortel, Juniper, HP, Ubiquiti, and Cisco
- Certificates preferred: MCSE, CCNA, CVoice
- Ability and desire to learn new technologies
- Ability to work independently, and be highly-motivated
- Required technology experience/skills:
- TDM Voice: Avaya, Nortel and Call Center Solutions
- Carrier services including PRI, SIP, audio conferencing, MPLS, Internet, PTP
- Juniper Firewalls, HP ProCurve Switching, Ubiquiti Unifi Wireless
- TCP/IP, IPSec VPN tunnels, routing, switching, firewall
- Ability to diagnose level 2 tickets, provide problem resolution and root cause analyses
- Maintenance of infrastructure documentation for process, inventory, and architecture
- Additional/desired technology skills/experience
- Audio conferencing: Web based third party Collaboration services (West, GotoMeeting, Webex)
- ITIL v3
- Network and service management tools such as HPOV, SolarWinds, vendor specific tools for monitoring and troubleshooting applications.
- Microsoft Power BI
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.