Hitachi Vantara, a wholly owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., helps data-driven leaders use the value in their data to innovate intelligently and reach outcomes that matter for business and society - what we call a double bottom line. Only Hitachi Vantara combines 100+ years of experience in operational technology (OT) and 60+ years in IT to unlock the power of data from your business, your people and your machines. We help enterprises store, enrich, activate and monetize data for better customer experiences, new revenue streams and lower business costs. Enterprise Solutions Architect EMEA m/v
Amsterdam, Netherlands or Brussels, BelgiumDepartment
Enterprise Architecture GroupRole Purpose
Pentaho Solution Architects are technical champions and evangelists who guide customers through their implementation of a business intelligence solution using Pentaho. Members of the Enterprise Architecture team provide going architectural guidance to customers and serve as a customer advocate to Pentaho Services, Product Development, Support and to the executive staff. These individuals are customer and sales oriented, are capable of independently developing sophisticated business analytics and data integration solutions, serving as the technical project manager for complex implementations, and present technical solutions to broad audiences. The right candidate for this position has a proven track record as a principle consultant with superior technical skills, the ability to lead small teams and to manage strategic client relationshipsJob Responsibilities
- Coordinates technical kick-off sessions by providing detailed product architecture overviews and determining the customer-s design, integration and development plans.
- Coordinates review meetings with Pentaho's senior technical resources. These meetings provide customers with status updates on Pentaho's product roadmap, release schedules and specific product features that are relevant to their Pentaho applications.
- Researches and resolves installation, configuration, deployment and upgrade issues; acts as advocate for customer and liaison to Pentaho's Engineering, Product Management and Support organizations.
- Assists with architecture, design, development, integration, performance tuning, rollout, support and optimization of customer's implementation of Pentaho products.
- Mentors customer-s staff members in the use of Pentaho technologies and best practices.
- Coordinates delivery of any onsite consulting / training services that customer has purchased.
- Develops sample applications demonstrating the use of Pentaho product-s advanced functionality and APIs.
- Identifies and develops internally and externally facing best practices.
- Participates in the onboarding and mentoring of other architects.
- 3-5 years of experience performing architect-level design for large scale end-user implementations.
- Superior listening, speaking, presentation and writing skills in English. Other languages like Spanish, French, German or Italian are a plus
- Preference will be given to candidates with Experience working with business intelligence, data integration tools and development processes such as dimensional modelling and benchmarking and performance tuning expertise
- Experience or strong knowledge on Cloud, SaaS, multi-tenancy deployments,
- Experience on No-SQL and Big Data technologies like Hadoop, BigQuery, Redshift, others.
- Experience working with web and database application development tools, standards and languages including SQL, MDX, XML, and HTML.
- Experience working with core infrastructure technologies such as operating systems (Linux, Windows, Solaris), application servers (e.g. Tomcat, JBoss, Websphere, Weblogic), relational databases (e.g. Oracle, MySQL), security architectures (Spring Security, LDAP, Microsoft Active Directory) and networking (HTTP/SSL/load balancing).
- Self-directed with the ability to support multiple customers with minimal supervision.
- Ability to set and manage client expectations and to negotiate appropriate resolutions to issues.
- Ability to explain technical benefits and integration points to management and technical audiences.
- Familiarity with Java software development, enterprise software architectures, agile methodologies
- Familiarity with commercial open source business and licensing models.
- Preference will be given to candidates with prior ISV consulting, software development, and\\or pre-sales experience
- B.A. or B.S. degree from an accredited university with a major in business, computer science or MIS required.
What you may expect
- Masters degree in business, computer science or MIS a strong plus
- Fluent English language skills (Dutch, French, German) a plus
- Challenging and entrepreneurial position within globally operating, venturous company with a strong product portfolio and market position, with extreme ambitions;
- Competitive salary compensation with bonus plan and great benefits;
- Travel; this role will from time to time require travel across the EMEA territory, approx. 30%
- Great workplace located on the Zuidas in Amsterdam
- Strong sales focused, passioned and highly talented team 50 (fte) - and we love to do fun stuff too!
Pentaho is building the future of business analytics. Pentaho's open source heritage drives continued innovation in its modern, integrated, embeddable Business Analytics platform. Built for blending and accessing all data sources across the platform includes a spectrum of visualization and analytical tools, including predictive. With an industry-leading adaptive big data layer Pentaho supports all of the leading Hadoop distributions, NoSQL databases and high performance analytic databases. Pentaho offers the broadest support for big data analytics, integration, and orchestration of big and traditional data sources eliminating coding or advanced skills. The company has over 1200 commercial customers today, with over 10,000 production deployments. For more information, please visit www.pentaho.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Great careers start with innovation and here at Hitachi Vantara, our promise is to deliver insights that power smarter businesses and inspire social innovation solutions for a healthier, safer future. The key to our innovation is our people -- our culture values respect, diversity, and collaboration. Join our Hitachi family and together, let's lead the way to extraordinary!