Are you looking for opportunities to work on high
profile rail projects and advanced technology alongside experts from the UK,
Europe and Japan? Come and join the fastest growing rail business in the world!
As a global provider of total railway solutions,
Hitachi Rail has a growing international presence and product range. We are
leading the largest rail modernisation project in UK history and delivering the
UK’s next generation of rolling stock. We are working to Inspire the Next –
and this is your chance to be part of it.
Your new role
In this exciting new role you will be responsible
for leading the business and technical analysis and architecture design of the
strategic development of the new digital solutions within Service and
Maintenance. The role requires close collaboration with key stakeholders in
order to develop this for Hitachi Rail and is a key digital transformation that
will support global Hitachi Rail service and maintenance organisation.
Specifically, you will be responsible for the
- Performing in-depth business and technical analysis and design of the new solution in order to produce the Strategy going forwards. This will involve evaluating the Engineering and Service & Maintenance functions to ensure that all related processes and activities fully aligns with business functionality in order to meet the expectations in the Strategy including but not limited to predictive maintenance, train preparation operations and condition based monitoring
- Supporting tender and proposal activities regarding the wayside and ground server part of the trains that we cover with Hermes/CRHR Common Platform in all our current and future tenders and bid.
- Key analysis and architecture in order to develop the Strategy will include
- Functionality / Process reviews with the various stakeholders to identify the business expectation of the new solution
- Development of Condition based maintenance rules and validation driven by business needs.
- Defining the proposed solution, that covers both business and technical architecture, review with stakeholders
- Identifying and evaluate risks associated with the new digital solution
- Working with the Maintenance Technology team to deliver the Strategy, covering requirements analysis, implementation and testing, management and support for the strategic digital solution
Other duties of the Business Architect will include:
- Working on future project bids where there is a requirement to incorporate a train to shore (wayside) solution into the train delivery.
- Working with the senior management within the Maintenance Technology team to promote business development opportunities of the new strategic digital solution.
- Working with Global Information Security to ensure the new digital solution is fully compliant with the security requirements that are now in place at Hitachi Rail
- At least extensive experience in information
analysis, design, procurement, implementation, support and admin
- Knowledge of and experience in developing and
documenting business and technical architecture and plans, including
strategic, tactical and project plans
- Ability to utilise business architecture
techniques and methodologies e.g. Gap Analysis, Business and Process
modelling and mapping
- Strong analytical skills to analyse
requirements and relate them to appropriate functionality
- In-depth, hands-on working knowledge in
application (software, web, mobile) development with experience of
cloud-based technologies, mobile networks and communications, data
warehouse and lake, Business Intelligence (BI) and reporting applications
- Strong practical and theoretical knowledge of
cloud technologies/solutions e.g. SaaS, PaaS
- Hands on experience of Software Development
Lifecycles and their application in an agile environment
- Experience of Support Models, including SLA.
Escalation and Service Management
- Experience of risk assessments, management and
- Experience of information security governance
and compliance applicable to the new solution (e.g. GDPR, PCI-DSS,
- Experience in application technology testing –
unit, integration and acceptance testing
- Experience of fulfilling a client facing role
and working with senior management and Executives
- Excellent organisational and leadership skills
(successfully lead and managed end-to-end technology services and or
- An excellent level of attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills – oral, written
- Experience of project management, including
project plans, budgeting/costing, risk management
- Management experience leading a team of more
than 3 staff
- Excellent relationship-building and
communication skills with internal/external stakeholders as well as 3rd
minimum of a degree in Information Security, Computer Science or Computing, or
equivalent certifications and experience
Why Hitachi Rail?
Hitachi Rail you will find a passionate and collaborative environment. We
operate according to our values of Harmony, Sincerity and Pioneering Spirit. As
such, we work closely as a team and empower our colleagues to take ownership
and become creative in our pursuit of excellence. We take pride in the
contribution we make to society and we always act with integrity and fairness
towards our customers, suppliers and colleagues.
We offer a competitive salary and annual leave
entitlement as well as a generous benefits package. This includes a pension
scheme with contributions up to 9%, health insurance, and many more perks for
you to choose from within a flexible plan that will meet your specific needs
you like the sound of the above and feel energised by the idea of joining a
great brand at a moment of exciting expansion, please apply now. We look
forward to hearing from you!