Job ID: 44585
Date Posted: Apr 1, 2020
Segment: Smart Life
Business Unit: Hitachi Healthcare
Company Name: AccSys Technology, Inc.
Profession (Job Category): Engineering
Job Type (Experience Level): Experienced
Job Schedule: Full-time
About the Company
Performance Controls, Inc. (PCI) AccSys Division is an integrated design and manufacturing company specializing in the development, production, installation and servicing of ion linear accelerator (LINAC) systems using the radiofrequency quadrupole (RFQ) LINAC and drift-tube LINAC (DTL). Our mission is to build on our history of product excellence and technology innovation to provide the highest-quality and most reliable products and services to our world-wide customers in medicine, industry and research. To learn more about us, our products, and our applications, please visit our website: www.accsys.com.
We are a growing company driven by challenging applications, world class engineering, and a desire to make a difference in the world. We are looking for quality people who want to make a difference.
Performance Controls, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Summary: Under general supervision performs complex routine and non-routine factory system testing, on-site installation, and field service. Performs a wide variety of complex technical tasks to assist the Engineering Department, Manufacturing Department, and Quality Department in the testing of mechanical and electrical sub-assemblies, assemblies, and subsystems in linear particle accelerator systems. Works closely with all areas of the company to support success.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Performs installation and startup of company’s products at customer site either alone or as part of a team.
2. Performs routine and technical support via phone or email. Provide routine maintenance and corrective maintenance at the customer site either alone or as part of a team.
3. Frequent travel to customer sites by auto and/or commercial airlines is required. This job requires US and International travel 50-60% of the time. During a customer installation, travel generally is for a period of up to 2 weeks at a time.
4. Periodically provides after-hours, on-call technical support for customer emergencies.
5. Provides customer support from factory for operational problems.
6. Documents the services performed during customer visits such as repair, maintenance and installation work. Maintains records for all customer preventive maintenance, corrective maintenance, training, etc.
7. Supports Manufacturing and Sales Department for warranty parts repairs and spare parts sales.
8. Exhibits ability to troubleshoot to the component level by using standard, logical troubleshooting techniques.
9. Performs complex routine and non-routine factory test, and operational start-up of linear accelerator electrical and mechanical assemblies and subsystems with emphasis on safety, quality compliance and on-time delivery.
10. Supports system integration, adjustment, and testing of newly developed systems and sub-systems.
11. Provide customer training in equipment operation, routine maintenance, and corrective maintenance.
12. Works with other engineers to develop service and installation procedures and quality standards.
13. Supports ongoing quality assurance efforts, including process definition and improvement, procedural and training development, corrective action, etc.
Other Job Functions:
1. Supports Engineering Department to define system requirements relative to installation and service.
2. Works with other engineers to develop procedures for testing, troubleshooting, configuration control, and information distribution, etc.
3. Interfaces with Engineering Department regarding system integration and product development to increase reliability and serviceability (i.e. provide feedback from customers about product problems, weakness, etc.)
4. Participate in design reviews to provide input on maintainability and reliability improvements, as well as other issues.
5. Participates in the fabrication and assembly of complex electronic systems, as necessary.
6. Perform other duties as assigned or directed.
Physical ACTIVITIES REQUIRED TO PERFORM ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Repair/install mechanical devices and spare parts, by use of hand tools, etc. Routinely lifts and carries up to 50 pounds during equipment service. Must have good communication skills; writing, verbal, computer, and hearing. Able to move within office complexes; in confined spaces around machines and products under construction. Visual acuity and manual dexterity needed for close detail work, operation of machines, use of testing and measurement devices, the assembly of parts at distances and close to the eyes and the reading of drawings, blueprints and documents. Normal color perception (no color blindness).
MENTAL ACTIVITIES REQUIRED TO PERFORM ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Complex English reading, writing, and strong customer presentation skills. High math and analytical skills. Must possess high skill level in areas of independent analysis, judgment, and complex engineering problem solving. Must be tactful, diplomatic, and professional in all customer interactions. Moderately complex reading, writing and math skills. Requires considerable perception, comprehension and analysis in resolving problems and making recommendations. High task organization skills, including scheduling.
Works alone and with others in a general office, industrial/medical, and/or laboratory setting when performing on-site installation, testing, and service. Frequent travel to customer sites by commercial airlines and auto required.