Job description Who We Are
At Hitachi Rail STS, we help our customers solve the world's most complex mobility challenges.
We design, manufacture, test, install and commission solutions that meet the safety and management needs of freight, passenger and metro rail operators.
An international provider of turnkey services and solutions, we employ more than 4,300 people in 30 countries. We deliver innovations that answer society's challenges. With our talented teams and proven experience, we can inspire the world .
We are looking for a Senior Automation Platform Engineer Mission
Develop cost effective and innovative products and platforms with longevity, versatility, and interoperability through the use of industry standards, product reuse, COTS items, and supplier independence in a rapid development environment. Accountabilities
Ensure the proper requirements management for all the phases of the hardware lifecycle, according to company standard processes (IMS).
• Guarantee the design and the implementation of a complete HW solution (components, documentation and tools), including design against obsolescence, and Product Production Issues
• Support on the definition and ensure the application of common methodologies, technical solutions and best practices in coherence with the Development function
• Contribute to the proper planning and management (including staffing) of the HW development activities
• Troubleshoot product applications in all the product life-cycle phases
• Develop test for and troubleshoot manufacturing process
• Provide input on company technology and assist portfolio management in product roadmap plans
Job requirements Skills & Knowledge: Big Data Infrastructure Administrator activity:
Products in use: Big Data & Analytics :
- Ability to design and implement infrastructure for Big Data & Analytics
- Ability to support developers in setup, configuration and system administration (Red Hat Enterprise Linux, Unix POSIX)
- Ability to develop new reference architectures, based on OpenStack, with investigation, design, test and release activities
- Script programming
- Setup and administration of Hortonworks Data Platforms
Hortonworks Data Platforms Operating systems:
Red Hat Linux, CentOS, Debian IT Automatio
n: Ansible Platforms
: OpenStack, Kubernetes, OpenShift Background: Networking
- basic knowledge of IPv4 and IPv6 Operating Systems
- POSIX Operating Systems (Linux, Unix BSD) Programming
- Dynamic and scripting languages (Bash, Python, others) Big Data & Analytics (Hadoop)
- knowledge of Hadoop platform Education Required:
Graduate in Computer Science o equivalent Technical background Languages:
English: intermediate level. Any other additional language would be a plus Place of Work
: Hitachi Rail STS ITALY - Genoa
Availability to travel is requested.
If you meet the requirements, please send a CV to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org