This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 44559
Date Posted: Apr 15, 2020
Business Unit: Hitachi High-Technologies
Company Name: Hitachi High-Tech America, Inc.
Profession (Job Category): Engineering
Job Type (Experience Level): New Graduate
Job Schedule: Full-time
The Mechanical Engineer I (ME-1) position is located in Hillsboro, Oregon and supports the business objectives of HTA's Semiconductor Equipment Division (SED). The position’s main objective is to support all operational activities for HTA's Hillsboro cleanroom and labs which house the failure analysis and process engineering teams.
· Provide support for semiconductor equipment, cleanroom, and lab upgrades, retrofits, new equipment move-in, and other potential lab activities. Research, design, evaluate, install, operate/test, and maintain equipment, systems and processes to meet requirements, applying knowledge of engineering principles. Quickly learn, train, and upskill to latest equipment technology. Ability to learn through on the job training.
· Work with project teams including vendors, contractors, and design teams to facilitate future cleanroom systems and semiconductor equipment installation requirements. Evaluate, identify, formulate, and produce effective solutions to emerging problems, while meeting or exceeding requirements, budget, and deadlines.
· Ability to work on all projects and activities of the lab support team. Day-to-day responsibilities will include a wide range of tasks including providing coordination of installation of facilities & equipment, continuous improvement suggestions, troubleshooting and repairing down lab equipment, performing maintenance, documenting information, and supporting Process Technician operations.
· Prepare technical reports and presentations as required for relevant projects and deliver to internal customers and management. Read and interpret blueprints, technical drawings, schematics, and computer-generated reports.
· Establish and maintain an awareness of the labs maintenance procedures, equipment health, issues, concerns, priorities, and future plans. Assist in coordinating maintenance schedules and vendor service agreements for all cleanroom facilities and lab equipment. Establish and maintain vendor relationships.
· Problem reporting, escalation, and resolution management.
· Support Process Technician operations when needed.
· Provide response and coordination for both normal and after hour support for local labs.
· Individual will support all operations and systems of the labs. Support other requests provided by management.
· Perform all responsibilities in a safe manner. Comply with all company policies including Environmental, Health, and Safety procedures and requirements.
· Protect and maintain company property (i.e., spares inventory, company computers, test equipment, tools, etc.). Perform routine audits to ensure appropriate appearance and cleanliness levels are maintained.
· Candidates should have as a minimum a Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or other relevant degree, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
· 0-5 years of experience troubleshooting, maintaining, and installing various cleanroom equipment and/or semiconductor manufacturing equipment (preferably in etch).
· Minimum travel required (<5%). Some travel will be required for training.
· Must be dependable with the ability to work independently or within a team environment in leadership and subordinate roles.
· Strongly driven and self-motivated, and ability to focus on both accuracy as well as output in a complex work environment. Demonstrate tolerance of ambiguity, flexibility to adapt to new situations, be dependable and independent, as well as work within a team and support each other.
· Must possess strong technical skills and the ability to read electrical schematics, use test equipment, and apply engineering skills associated with electronics.
· Perform tasks requiring a high degree of manual dexterity. Ability to learn, operate, and maintain all lab equipment.
· Excellent teamwork and communication skills are required. Must possess the ability to effectively and professionally interact with internal customers, external customers, and vendors. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with supervisors and other employees.
· Demonstrate strong work ethic. (On time to work and training, on time completion of assignments, strong preparation for assignments, effective teamwork, etc.).
· Demonstrate ability to effectively communicate information to vendors, customers, and manager regarding lab issues, activities, and schedules.
· Ability to adapt to new procedures concerning work in the facility. Create and maintain technical documentation.
· Ability to work overtime, shift work, and/or flexible schedule as needed.
· Understand and follow all health, safety, and environmental procedures and requirements
· Daily communication to key technical resources and management.
· Maintain appropriate records and documentation for all work performed.
· Perform all responsibilities in a safe manner, protecting self as well as others.
· Portray professionalism and pride in appearance while conforming to policy.
· Provide a positive attitude to all employees and customers.
· Comply and adhere to company policies.
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)-Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities