Skip to main content
Job ID: 50021751.13HRSTS
Date Posted: Nov 20, 2019
Business Unit: Hitachi Rail
Company Name: Hitachi Rail STS
Profession (Job Category): Engineering
Job Type (Experience Level): Experienced
Job Schedule: Full-time
- Plan, organize and lead the execution of testing and commissioning activities from the installation completion up to the start of revenue service.
- Accountable of the execution of testing and commissioning activities in accordance with the project and commissioning plan, budget, contract requirements, quality control, safety and project procedures as well as company/department directives.
- Integrate, manage and lead the testing and commissioning team, composed of both internal company resources and subcontractors.
- Secure the on-time hand over in accordance with RAMS, quality and safety requirements.
- Ensure that the commissioning planning and execution integrates effectively with the construction and Operation & Maintenance programs.
- Assure the correct allocation of skilled resources to the commissioning activities in accordance with the plan established by the Project Manager.
- Ensure that the commissioning team works in respect of the Health and Safety requirements of the project.
- Create and issue test documentation and reports.
- Accountable of the correct interface management with the Client/Engineer/Third parties during the test and commissioning phase.
- Provide the Functional manager with the feedback regarding site performances for evaluation of the assigned resources
Desired Skills/ Knowledge:
- At least five years' experience in signalling or other safety critical engineering area.
- Minimum three years in a commissioning or leadership role within the signalling business
- Experience and knowledge of implementation engineering processes covering testing and commissioning
- Knowledge and understanding of Quality Assurance practices
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Fluency in English and Swedish is required.
- Eager to work in an international environment
- Understanding of engineering processes and how they are applied to test activities
- Experience in System Integration role
- Validation and Verification Processes
- Knowledge of CENELEC Standards
- Technical Degree or Equivalent Technical Background