Job description Hitachi Rail STS USA
is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Senior System Assurance Manager
who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Pittsburgh, PA. Who We Are:
Hitachi Rail STS is an international leader with a global presence in signaling and the implementation of integrated transport systems for freight and passenger railways, as well as mass transit systems. We design, manufacture and implement signaling systems for the management and control of freight and passenger traffic on mainline railways as well as metros. Hitachi Rail STS is not only a valuable company, but a company based on values. We believe that our five key values guide our actions and make Hitachi Rail STS a competitive, effective company: Customer Focus, Innovation and Excellence, People, Team Spirit, and Integrity. Mission:
Ensure project compliance with RAMS requirements, through effective management of RAMS and V&V activities, in compliance with schedule and budget in complex projects.(in terms of number of interfaces and or contract value) Ensure the delivery of required project safety evidence, as well as the independent safety assessment. Accountabilities:
WITH REFERENCE TO COMPLEX PROJECTS:
- Ensure the organization, scheduling, implementation and monitoring of project RAMS and V&V activities and ensure compliance with project budget, schedule and quality requirements.
- Ensure the system safety and reliability requirements.
- Ensure the proper RAMS competence project staffing.
- Ensure the issue of project RAMS documentation.
- Ensure the execution and issuing of all project RAMS and V&V activities and deliverables, interfacing PM, PE and other departments as required, ensuring information flow to/from the project RAMS team.
- Ensure the execution and the sharing of communication to the PM of the following activities:
- Workload management with periodic workload updates and analysis of deviations;
- Critical path management and alignment of RAMS schedule with project master schedule, to avoid unplanned interruption of activities in RAMS stream;
- A proactive risk management for early detection of cost, schedule, technical and resource issues and proposal of recovery plans.
- Supported by the assigned RAMS WPLs, estimate RAMS and V&V activities and agree with the PM and the controller the relevant budget.
- Ensure the safety assessment (ISA) certification (NoBo).
- Apply a front-loading approach in order to anticipate and avoid technical, schedule and budget issues that could negatively affect RAMS activities.
Contribute to the improvement of RAMS and V&V standard processes, with focus on effectiveness and cost reduction. Ensure the application of RAMS standard processes and share project lessons learned with the RAMS department.
- Support preparation of bids and proposals.
- Ensure the provision of schedule and cost constrains to relevant Product, Signaling and System RAMS Engineers Required Skills/ Knowledge:
- Five to Ten years RAMS experience
- Application V&V Testing
- RAMS analysis & methodology
- International & National standards
- RAM/Safety Management
- System Technical knowledge
- Subsystem Technical knowledge
- Project Management Benefits:
Hitachi Rail STS employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Savings Plan, and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities.
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail STS USA Inc. to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.Hitachi Rail-sts.com/en/careers