Ignite your career with Hitachi Vantara! Hitachi Vantara, a wholly owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., helps data-driven leaders find and use the value in their data to innovate intelligently and reach outcomes that matter for business and society. We combine technology, intellectual property and industry knowledge to deliver data-managing solutions that help enterprises improve their customers' experiences, develop new revenue streams, and lower the costs of business. Only Hitachi Vantara elevates your innovation advantage by combining IT, operational technology (OT) and domain expertise. We work with organizations everywhere to drive data to meaningful outcomes.
Great careers start with innovation and here at Hitachi Vantara, our promise is to deliver insights that power smarter businesses and inspire social innovation solutions for a healthier, safer future. The key to our innovation is our people -- our culture values respect, diversity, and collaboration. Join our Hitachi family and together, let's lead the way to extraordinary!The Role
We are seeking energetic and motivated sales professionals to join our enterprise account acquisition team. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 5 years of new account or business development experience with a proven track record of selling complex, six to seven figure technical solutions (information technology or other comparable offerings) to mid to large enterprise clients. As a commercial acquisition account representative, you will be assigned 40-50 of the most desirable commercial accounts within a major market. In your role, you will leverage market intelligence resources, customer events, product specialist, partners and your own professional network to develop new relationships and close business with high value pursuit clients. This role is a remote role working with prospects in Calgary and surrounding areas. Responsibilities
- Planning - conduct market and customer research to expand commercial insight necessary to build effective customer call plans and sales strategies (10%)
- Prospecting and lead management - drive a high volume of high value prospecting and business development activities, to include lead management, needed to reach key decision makers/influencers (technical and business) inside pursuit accounts (30%)
- Selling - drive account strategies and coordinate team selling efforts with partners, specialist, management and technical resources necessary to close business. (50%)
- Training - Through a rigorous and subject rich training agenda, you will become sale proficient with Hitachi Vantara's solutions while becoming conversational ready on how Hitachi Vantara delivers business value to its customers and prospects. (5%)
- Reporting - Managing forecast and updating activity plans inside Salesforce (5%)
- A minimum of 6 years of outside sales experiences specializing in new logo acquisition and/or new business development.
- An avid hunter with a proven track record of sourcing new leads and leveraging social networking to gain access to decision-makers
- Subject matter expertise in data storage, data management, data analytics and other IT services.
- Track record of success in software sales, ideally in the data analytics space
- Domain knowledge of large enterprise IT environments and corporate buying centers is critical.
- Must demonstrate a consistent track record of achieving annual quota targets while providing specific details on key customer wins. The ideal candidate will bring an established sales management process, experience building and maintaining relationships with management and C level executives.
- A successful track record of managing and closing complex sales campaigns using outcome and solution selling techniques is a must.
- Must be a proficient user of SalesForce and other MS Office tools.
- Having a BA/BS degree or equivalent is desirable.