Job description Job Description Hitachi Rail
is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Associate Automation Engineer
who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Pittsburgh, PA Who We Are Hitachi Rail
is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signalling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions. Mission:
Assist the development manager to deliver software which fulfills input requirements (Functional, Performances, Quality), based on the best efficient modular design managing the best compromise between Budget, Schedule, Risks, Reuse and standardization for future. Accountabilities
• Ensure the development and testing - in accordance with Automation needs and principle - of assigned SW module as part of Automation Software platform
• Ensure the first implementation/release of platform single components/tools according to projects requirements and road maps
• Support the proper requirements management for all the phases of the product/ software life-cycle, according to company standard processes (IMS).
• Contribute to the correct development of specific SW components in compliance with Automation needs and principle
• Participate to the identification of technologies relevant for automation products development
• Participate to the issuing of projects documentation
• Ensure the first implementation/release of platform single components/tools according to projects requirements and road maps Required Skills/ Knowledge
• 0-3 years of experience software development life-cycle
• Assist with the proper requirements management (identification &apportionment between GA and SA) for all the phases of the product/ software life cycle, according to company standard processes (IMS).
• Participate in the design and the implementation of a complete solution (Modules, documentation and tools), applying company standard processes (IMS).
• Assist to the correct operation of the SW on the applicable platforms
• Assist with providing the proper level of support to the other functional units (RAMS, Verification, Test & Commissioning,..)
• Participate in the application of common methodologies, technical solutions and best practices in coherence with the Development function, applying company standard processes (IMS). Education / Qualifications
Bachelor's Degree Languages
English Proficiency Hitachi Rail
employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, a Retirement Savings Plan, and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.Hitachi Rail-sts.com/en/careers.
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail
to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We would be delighted if you would be one of our followers!
Have a glance at our LinkedIn page https://www.linkedin.com/company/hitachirailsts/