Job description Job Description Hitachi Rail
is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Software Engineer
who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Pittsburgh, PA Who We Are Hitachi Rail
is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signalling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions. Accountabilities
• Responsible for implementing, testing and deploying software solutions in a complex transit dispatching system
• Contributes to the technical design of new features to ensure maintainability and technical feasibility of designs
• Committed to continues improvement through advancing tools, techniques and procedures
• Seeks to make those around him/her more successful by multiplying their own expertise and contributing to creating a harmonious work environment
• Transparent in representing progress and impediments of themselves and the team Required Skills/ Knowledge
• 3-5 years experience with full life-cycle software development: design, implementation, testing, deployment, and support
• Excellent C++ programming skills
• Values the notion that a team is collectively more effective than the sum of the individuals
• Solid understanding of Object-Oriented Design principles
• Linux experience, including software development in Linux as well as writing and modifying shell scripts
• Prior experience using version control software
• Must be able to handle working in a dynamic environment with many parallel responsibilities and flexible priorities including support of the other functional business units
• Must be able to complete tasks in a timely manner while producing quality work & applying company standard practices
• Must be self-motivated and able to self teach
• Strong diagnostic and analytical skills Desired Skills/ Knowledge
• Experience with Agile teams including Scrum and Kanban
• Prior experience in supervisory systems
• Additional programming experience, including C, X, Motif, Python, Perl and Java
• Experience developing software with unit tests
• Working knowledge of SQL databases Education / Qualifications
Bachelor's Degree Languages
English Proficiency Hitachi Rail
employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, a Retirement Savings Plan, and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.Hitachi Rail-sts.com/en/careers.
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail
to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We would be delighted if you would be one of our followers!
Have a glance at our LinkedIn page https://www.linkedin.com/company/hitachirailsts/