Job description Hitachi Rail STS USA
is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Senior Supply Chain Planner
who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Who We Are:
Hitachi Rail STS is an international leader with a global presence in signaling and the implementation of integrated transport systems for freight and passenger railways, as well as mass transit systems. We design, manufacture and implement signaling systems for the management and control of freight and passenger traffic on mainline railways as well as metros.
Hitachi Rail STS is not only a valuable company, but a company based on values. We believe that our five key values guide our actions and make Hitachi Rail STS a competitive, effective company: Customer Focus, Innovation and Excellence, People, Team Spirit, and Integrity. Accountabilities:
- Planning for Projects & Bids in the Americas involving more than one Hitachi Rail STS Legal Entity & a complex package of subcontractors.
- Timely delivery of materials/services on high complexity projects in accordance with the Integrated Project Schedule and Budget.
- Increase delivery efficiency by creating optimization among projects.
- Continuously improve Supply Chain Planning processes by working closely with full project teams (Engineering/Controlling/Bidding).
- Finalization & submission of Make/Buy external cost estimation.
- Final Cost Estimations to be completed and issued in alignment with the bid schedule
- Material and service delivery alignment with the Project Integrated Schedule
- Risk Management & Mitigation of project delivery delays
- Accurate tracking of Inventory figures for both company & project warehouses
- External Cost Planning/Estimation/Actual/Budget/Forecasting & Project Reporting for high complexity Bids (for materials, services, packages and subcontractors)
- Update all Supply Chain information required for the Integrated Project Plan
- Maintain and distribute to the project team up-to-date documentation for weekly team meetings (Logistics Plan, Master Production Schedule, Inventory Report, etc)
- Coordinate all Planning & Logistics activities among all legal entities involved in the project to ensure project material delivery (including spare parts and repairing of failed material) in accordance with the Project Plan.
- Complete project requirements (Transfer orders, Purchase Orders, advance order demands, etc) in alignment with the project schedule to assure the Launch of the Production
- Confirm Purchase Requests for all materials, external services, packages & subcontractors to ensure project on time delivery
- Maintain and distribute the Supplier Logistics and Supply Planning documentation in alignment with contractual requirements (Performance Bond, Transportation Plan, Procurement Plan, Fabrication Plan, etc)
- Track monitoring & reporting on supplier performances (including logistics providers) in terms of production, Factory Acceptance Test (FAT), lead time, shipment, project warehouse management and compliance with contractual requirements
- Identify and implement Project Mitigation actions to prevent potential misalignments of the supplier performances in comparison with the contractual requirements (delays in material FAT and/or delivery, etc)
- Create a Service Entry Sheet (SES) and Work Progress Certificate (WPC) based on the supplier achievement of project milestones, authorizing the Subcontractor to issue an invoice Required Skills/ Knowledge: Technical requirements
- 5 up to 7 year of expertise within the Supply Chain - Contracts
- Project Management
- Supplier Management
- Procurement planning methods
- Vendor rating and suppliers monitoring
- Technical/Technology knowledge
- Risk Management
- Continuous improvement Documentation management Education:
- Bachelor's Degree Languages:
- English Proficiency Benefits:
Hitachi Rail STS employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Savings Plan, and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Join us at www.Hitachi Rail-sts.com/en/careers
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail STS USA Inc. to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status