Job ID: 44586
Date Posted: Nov 21, 2019
Segment: Others (Including Headquarters and R&D )
Business Unit: Hitachi Regional Headquarters
Company Name: Hitachi America, Ltd.
Profession (Job Category): Engineering
Job Type (Experience Level): New Graduate
Job Schedule: Full-time
Company: Hitachi America, Ltd.
Division: R&D Center for Social Innovation
Location: Santa Clara, CA
Status: Project, Full-Time for 1 year
Hitachi America, Ltd. (http://www.hitachi-america.us/) is looking for an entry level Automobile Engineer to join our Center for Social Innovation team based in Santa Clara, CA. Our team is engaged in building Big Data Analytics and IoT customer driven solutions for the transportation and automobile fleet industry with a focus on developing innovative “first of a kind” analytics solutions and related IoT platforms by leveraging the combined resources of the entire Hitachi group. We are looking for an Automobile Engineer who can bring mechanical engineering knowledge and domain expertise into our analytics solutions targeted to transportation and automobile industry.
The Automobile Engineer, IoT Solutions will be responsible for providing automobile domain expertise to our data science engineers who are architecting and designing the portfolio of solutions with a focus on automotive fleets. He/she should have a thorough understanding of how automobile internal combustion engines, transmission systems and other automotive systems work and are engineered. The Automobile Engineer, IoT Solutions will provide guidance to our data scientists on placing electronic sensors in the automobile systems to collect/measure data, while these automobiles are in operation on the road. The data being collected with allow for analytics related to fault data, performance data, physical parameter data or data related to physical characteristics of various systems. The Automobile Engineer, IoT Solutions will also be working on Data Communication Modules (DCM).
· Placing sensors in test automobile or automobile simulators.
· Designing input & output systems for the DCM to collect data from sensors.
· Extracting data from DCMs.
· Guiding Data Scientists on how the new generation of DCMs work, what data to collect and how to extract data.
· Creating test cases including communication within the vehicle as well as to Telematics Service Provider (TSP).
· Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Automotive Engineering, or related analytical/technical disciplines.
· Product Development Experience preferred
· System Integration and Validation Experience preferred
· Ability to develop functional/technical specifications for vehicle, electronic, or telecommunication components
· Ability to develop functional/technical specifications and architecture documents for vehicle or electronic components
· Ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams
· Exceptional interpersonal skills including consultative, detail-oriented, verbal & written communication, analytical relationship management, and ability to influence other stakeholders
· Prior Telematics, Telecommunications, or Multimedia product development experience is preferred.
· Strong Interest in the advancement of Automotive Technology
· Experience working with modern agile development methodologies and practices
· Strong oral and written communication skills
· Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
· Ability to work independently
· Strong problem-solving skills
EOE-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities