Job description Hitachi Rail STS
is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated IT Operations Engineer
to work on our Abu Dhabi Rail Project. As the successful candidate your ideas for continuous improvement and creativity are welcome. The position is based in Abu Dhabi. Hitachi Rail STS
is an international leader with a global presence in signaling and the implementation of integrated transport systems for freight and passenger railways, as well as mass transit systems. We design, manufacture and implement signaling systems for the management and control of freight and passenger traffic on mainline railways as well as metros.Hitachi Rail STS
is not only a valuable company, but a company based on values. We believe that our five key values guide our actions and make Hitachi STS a competitive, effective company: Customer Focus, Innovation and Excellence, People, Team Spirit, and Integrity. ITAccountabilities:
- Ensure the fulfilment of Service Requests, Service Incidents and Service Problems in accordance with agreed KPI's.
- Provide day-to-day Service Desk support to Hitachi Rail STS users in Abu Dhabi and other sites located in Middle East. .
- Act as the local/onsite LAN administrator and POC for all site related connectivity issues (working with Manager and INFRA team as needed).
- Participate in the planning and implementation of IT related projects as per agreed budget, time and quality.
- Participate in the delivery of the following IT Services
- IT equipment installation, set up and user provisioning
- Local IT network repository
- Backup & Data Recovery Management
- File and Print Management
- Logical access: VPN, SSL, Proxy, ACL, Security groups
- Messaging & Communication Infrastructure
- Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, DFS, WSUS
- Carry out installations, configurations and maintenance on workstations, network equipment, servers, server side applications, printers, video conferencing equipment, etc.
- Undertake any other relevant duties as directed by the Manager of IT Services for South Europe and Middle East.
Job requirements Required Skills/ Knowledge:
Desired Skills/ Knowledge:
- Good understanding of IT infrastructure, networking, and telephony.
- Good client-facing and communication skills.
- Solve complex technical issues/problems involving multiple technology stacks (OS, application, network, etc.)
- Advanced Microsoft Operating System and application support (Active Directory, Exchange, DFS, DNS, DHCP, permissions, access levels, server roles).
- Experience with S2S IP SEC VPN, SSL Client to Site VPN, VLANS and MPLS technologies.
- Ability to conduct research into systems issues and products as required.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Experience with enterprise wireless technologies.
- Experience with Cisco video conferencing equipment/technologies.
- Teamworking and Teambuilding skills
- Previous experience in Global Enterprise Organization.
- Previous experience with Service Desk driven by SLA's/KPI's.
- Strong understanding of ITIL best practices.
- PowerShell, PSEXEC, VB and logon script capabilities.
- Microsoft SCCM administration (system center configuration manager).
- Microsoft Skype for Business 2016
- Experience with compliance reporting and patching.
- Experience with Fortinet firewalls, Cisco switches, cisco wireless access controllers and Cisco access points.
1-3 years of experience in IT end users support and IT Infrastructure (LAN, Firewall, Network, BAck-upo). Education:
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.Hitachi-sts.com/en/careers
It is our commitment at Hitachi STS to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.