The GL Analyst covers General Accounting, Fixed Assets Management, Inventory and Spares, Intercompany, amongst others. He/She is also responsible for ensuring that transactions of a business have been properly accounted for and accurately reflect the company-s accounting process.Job Responsibilities include
1. Journals processing
• Preparation, upload and posting of accounting journals to Oracle.
• Ensure that all journals prepared are supported by appropriate documentation and approvals and the evidence retained in the Journal Voucher Processing Center.
• Ensure that the journal upload and posting are processed timely, in the correct accounting period, functional currency, legal entity, etc.
2. Month end close activities
• Coordinate and ensure that all activities on the month end close process are performed according to the prescribed timeline and controls.
• Liaise with Controllership, FP-A, and CMT Finance Leaders, on the month end close activity, in order to obtain information in respect of accruals and similar appropriate adjustments and to facilitate the review and approval of actual figures.
• Timely closure of the General Ledger
3. Balance sheet reconciliation and review
• Ensure that all balance sheet reconciliations are prepared, and uploaded according to the stipulated timelines.
• To follow up on any discrepancies and/or errors are identified with the remedial/rectification action and resolutions for correction.
• To flag potential risk items in the balance sheet reconciliations for the attention of Controllership, and FP-A timely so that actions can be taken for resolution.
4. Analysis and reporting
• Ensure that monthly reporting are accurately prepared, analyzed, and submitted to relevant parties in a timely manner.
5. Documentation control
• Ensure that all documentation are adequately prepared, uploaded and reviewed in line with regulatory/compliance rules such as SOX requirements.
• Document and update procedural document and changes timely.
• Ensure that all hard copy documentation is filed and stored for easy reference and access.
• Ensure that all soft copy documentation is shared in the appropriate repository for ease of reference and access.
6. Other activities
• Ensure that all matters related to year end statutory audit and tax filings are attended to in a timely manner and in compliance with regulatory requirements
• Support company change initiatives and projects.
• Participate in continuous improvement activities and suggest ways to better streamline and improve processes.
• Establish regular, structured communication processes with key stakeholders to provide information concerning financial accounting performance, risks and issues
• Respond promptly to incoming queries from stakeholders and take actions to resolve
• Other ad hoc tasks which may be assigned from time to time.
Interacts with (functions and levels of individuals):
• Finance Shared Services Teams
• FP-A team
• CMT Finance Teams in Country
• Business Analyst
• External Auditors
• External Tax Agents
• Corporate Inventory - Tax team
• Geography headquarters and Corporate Finance teams
• Supply ChainQUALIFICATIONS
1. Minimum 3 to 5 years as a qualified accountant with relevant financial accounting experience in a Financial Shared Services environment and familiar with cash management function.
2. Bachelor's Degree in accounting or possess relevant professional accounting qualification (ACCA, CIMA, MIA)
3. Experience in working with stakeholders in multiple countries and cultures and dealing with Corporate and Regional office.
4. Language proficiency required: Fluent in English and Mandarin
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.