Hitachi Vantara combines technology, intellectual property and industry knowledge to deliver data-managing solutions that help enterprises improve their customers' experiences, develop new revenue streams, and lower the costs of business. Hitachi Vantara elevates your innovation advantage by combining IT, operational technology (OT) and domain expertise. Come join our team and our employee-focused culture and help drive our customers' data to meaningful customer outcomes. The Role
The role of the Presales Solutions Consultant is to provide technical sales support to the Sales teams, customers and prospects to support business growth for Hitachi Vantara. Presales Solutions Consultants work with vendors, partners, and sales to ensure Hitachi Vantara provide optimum systems solutions to new and existing customers. The Presales Solutions Consultants develops and maintains an understanding of the customer's requirements and designs solutions to meet that need. This includes engaging in technical and outcome based conversations with the customer at multiple levels to understand their business strategy and requirements, and then translating these needs into real solutions. Responsibilities
- Supports the Account Manager in proactively identifying, qualifying and closing new sales opportunities with the right solutions and mapping key value propositions to customer business.
- In conjunction with Presales Management and the Account Manager identifies a competitive solution vision for the Customer / Prospect based on the Customer / Prospect's applications, infrastructure, technical issues, strategy and the competition.
- In conjunction with the Account Manager, implement impactful sales and account planning strategies to accelerate sales growth and build the best possible solution for the customer.
- In conjunction with Presales Management develops solutions that are fully qualified
- Creates strong internal and external partner and alliance/reseller relationships with technical contacts.
- Responsible for channel enablement activities for key partners.
- Actively participates in the presales specialisation program and acts as an expert source for peer systems engineers within the region.
- Maintains currency of knowledge in relation to presales specialisation including updates and coaching to systems engineer peers and maintenance of sales proposal collateral.
- Proactively acquires and maintains a high level of knowledge and experience of Hitachi Vantara ("Hitachi") products and services including the latest technical advances within all areas covered by Hitachi. This includes completing required and assigned training and development within assigned timeframes.
- Proactively maintains competitive industry knowledge and trends to effectively support customer's requirements.
- Business or similar degree qualification preferred.
- A minimum of 10 years in IT in a technical capacity
- A minimum of 5 years in an equivalent post supporting IT Solutions presales/selling
- Proven track record in writing RFP / Proposal Responses and presenting Technology.
- Demonstrated experience in providing valuable perspective or insights to customers by staying relevant and current with micro and macro-economic and industry trends.
- Experience in working with a partner ecosystem.
- Strong knowledge and experience required:
• Operating Systems, Networking, IT Infrastructure Management.
• Converged Compute systems or High performance compute systems, Server Virtualisation technologies, Enterprise applications (Exchange, Share point, SQL, Oracle, SAP)
• In depth knowledge of the Storage Solutions stack including block, file and object technologies
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.