Job description Hitachi Rail Honolulu JV
is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Operations Trainer
to work on our Honolulu Rail Project. As the successful candidate your ideas for continuous improvement and creativity are welcome. The position is based in Honolulu
, HI. Who We Are:
Hitachi Rail Honolulu JV is a Hawaii-based Joint Venture between Hitachi Rail STS and Hitachi Rail Italy, which was awarded $1.4 billion Design-Build-Operate-Maintain (DBOM) contract for the Honolulu Rail Transit Project (Project), the first Driverless Rail Transit System in the USA. Hitachi Rail Honolulu JV has assembled a team of experienced professionals in order to deliver a world-class rail transit system capable of delivering highly comfortable, reliable, safe and cost-effective transportation.
Hitachi Rail Honolulu JV believes that our key values consisting of customer focus, innovation and excellence, people, team spirit, and integrity will guide our actions and make our companies competitive and effective. Accountabilities:
Required Skills/ Knowledge:
- Overall accountability and responsibility for assessing (analyzing), developing, designing, implementing and evaluating (ADDIE) rail operations training programs and curriculums.
- Develops and administers a comprehensive training program to meet the full range of Operations Control Center objectives and Rail Supervisors' (Steward's) objectives.
- Evaluates employees using testing, certification, and recertification.
- Conducts theoretical and practical hands-on training, both in the classroom, computer simulator room, and in the field utilizing applicable technical data, specialized software and current operation/inspection procedures.
- Ensures that all Train Dispatchers and Rail Stewards have satisfied and maintain all required certifications.
- Conducts OCC Emergency Drill Exercises as directed by the safety Manager and Operation Manager to test response/compliance.
- Supervises and Ensures compliance with the standard operating procedures, safety and operating rules.
- Safely drive passenger rail vehicles when the Automatic Train Control function is inoperative.
- Evaluates, determines and initiates remedial action for employees with demonstrated service problems through monitoring performance in collaboration with staff development assistant and training manager.
- Uses current training techniques (e.g., lecture, demonstration, student participation, question and answer, student evaluation, etc.). Prepares and maintains current training aids, video, computer simulators, and mockups.
- Confirms the availability of classroom space and organizes the classroom, computer simulator room, mock-up, and visual aid equipment at time and place of specified training.
- Prepares and presents oral/written reports/recommendations relative to maintenance procedures, personnel requirements, training needs and equipment evaluation.
- Ensures appropriate training records are maintained within the learning management system (LMS).
- Prepares weekly and periodic training reports and memoranda, as necessary.
Desired Skills/ Knowledge:
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, emergency response personnel and the public.
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of or the ability to quickly acquire the knowledge of rail transportation standard operating procedures.
- Ability to quickly acquire the knowledge of the Operations and Maintenance Organization operating equipment, Handbook of Rules, SOP's, safety rules, general orders, personnel policies and procedures, and instruction, training and testing techniques.
- Demonstrated ability to strategically respond to emergency situations employing multitasking, process control.
- Ability to communicate highly technical information to a group or individual in a clear and concise manner within a classroom, computer simulator lab, passenger station or field setting.
- Ability to develop training curricula for all rail operation functions.
- 2+ years' training or teaching experience
- Background and experience in rail, operations, or compliance
- Associates Degree
- Years of experience may be substituted for the education requirements.
Hitachi Rail Honolulu employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Savings Plan, and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.ansaldo-sts.com/en/careers